Maddy Bonvini-Hamel writes, cooks and photographs beautiful recipes for her lovely website www.britishlarder.com. She says "These delightful little shot glasses of delicious foam with fabulous spicy tiger prawns make a perfect amuse bouche to tickle your taste buds and keep your guests very happy. I love every mouthful as it's strong in flavour but the flavours do not overpower each other. Each layer of flavour plays a role in the long lasting taste in your mouth. The inspiration for this dish came from one of my customers, a lady with fine taste and more cookbooks than me. I have used the Thermomix to make every part of this dish including steaming the tiger prawns - not only does it save time but you also save washing up various pots and pans. This is an ideal party piece recipe with very little effort and maximum impact!" Makes 12 amuse bouche portions or 6 starter portions.
1. Marinate the prawns before you start to make the soup: pat them dry with kitchen paper and place them in a mixing bowl. Add the oil, the ? tsp Ras-el-Hanout, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Stir to coat the prawns then set aside.
2. Weigh the butter, celeriac and the ? tsp Ras el Hanout into the TM bowl. Chop at Speed 6 for a few seconds then cook 8 minutes/100?C/Speed 2.
3. Cook again for a further 2 minutes/Varoma Temperature/Speed 2.
4. Add the stock and cook 12 minutes/100?C/Speed 2. While the soup is cooking, place the marinated tiger prawns in the Varoma tray. Place the covered Varoma on top of the TM lid for the last 6 minutes of the cooking time, turning them after 3 minutes.
5. Remove the Varoma, keep the prawns warm. Add the double cream to the soup and blend 1 minute/Speed 9. Taste and add salt and pepper if desired.
6. Pour the soup in to the cream whipper. Secure the lid and charge with two N?O gas pellets, shake vigorously and squirt the foamy soup into 12 warm shot glasses (for amuse bouches) or 6 warm small cups (for starters). Skewer the prawns onto wooden toothpicks and serve the soup with the skewered prawns. Garnish with sprigs of cress.
Tip: If you use a Gourmet Whip cream whipper, the soup can be kept warm in a bain marie with boiling hot water or in a water bath for up to one hour. Gourmet Whips and chargers available from UK Thermomix 01344 622 344.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (10g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 62 (100%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 6.9g||9 %|
|Saturated Fat 4g||20 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.3g|
|Cholesterol 16.1mg||5 %|
|Sodium 582.3mg||20 %|
|Potassium 5.2mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0.2g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 0.1g|
|Protein 0.1g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 62
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, menu plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe
Be the first to review it!