1. First, make the pesto: Combine the garlic, marjoram, basil & salt in a food processor. Process until chopped. With the machine running, slowly add the olive oil in a thin stream. Add the almonds & pulse to form a smooth paste. Taste for seasoning, then set aside. (This pesto will keep for 1 week in the fridge if the surface is covered with a layer of oil.)
2. Heat a 12 inch to 14 inch cast-iron skillet over high heat. When it's hot enough to evaporate a bead of water, swirl 3 tablespoons of the oil around in the skillet. Add half of the green beans & sauté them for several minutes, stirring constantly, until they are just tender & starting to turn dark brown in spots. This should look & feel like a stir-fry.
3. Transfer the beans to a plate, but keep the pan on the heat. Repeat with the remaining beans & set them aside.
4. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil to the skillet. Add the garlic & chili. Cook for about 1 minute. Add the vinegar & the sugar. Let it sputter for 10 seconds. Then return the still-warm beans to the skillet & stir until they are coated & hot.
5. To serve, spread a thin layer of the almond pesto on a platter. Then pile the beans up & spoon more pesto over the top. Serve warm or at room temperature.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Recipe (1210g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Serving|
|Calories from Fat: 981 (85%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 109g||145 %|
|Saturated Fat 12.7g||64 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 75.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 17g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 7019.6mg||242 %|
|Potassium 975.1mg||26 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 36g||11 %|
|Dietary Fiber 14.4g||58 %|
|Sugars, other 21.6g|
|Protein 20.6g||29 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1160
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!