1. First, make the pesto: Combine the garlic, marjoram, basil & salt in a food processor. Process until chopped. With the machine running, slowly add the olive oil in a thin stream. Add the almonds & pulse to form a smooth paste. Taste for seasoning, then set aside. (This pesto will keep for 1 week in the fridge if the surface is covered with a layer of oil.)
2. Heat a 12 inch to 14 inch cast-iron skillet over high heat. When it's hot enough to evaporate a bead of water, swirl 3 tablespoons of the oil around in the skillet. Add half of the green beans & sauté them for several minutes, stirring constantly, until they are just tender & starting to turn dark brown in spots. This should look & feel like a stir-fry.
3. Transfer the beans to a plate, but keep the pan on the heat. Repeat with the remaining beans & set them aside.
4. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil to the skillet. Add the garlic & chili. Cook for about 1 minute. Add the vinegar & the sugar. Let it sputter for 10 seconds. Then return the still-warm beans to the skillet & stir until they are coated & hot.
5. To serve, spread a thin layer of the almond pesto on a platter. Then pile the beans up & spoon more pesto over the top. Serve warm or at room temperature.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Recipe (1210g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Serving|
|Calories from Fat: 981 (85%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 109g||145 %|
|Saturated Fat 12.7g||64 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 75.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 17g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 7019.6mg||242 %|
|Potassium 975.1mg||26 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 36g||11 %|
|Dietary Fiber 14.4g||58 %|
|Sugars, other 21.6g|
|Protein 20.6g||29 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1160
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe
Be the first to review it!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!