1. Prepare the tomatoes: blanch, peel, seed and chop. (I put the tomatoes and garlic cloves in my small food processor to make quick work of this).
2. Cook the ravioli according to package directions.
3. While the pasta is cooking, prepare the sauce: In a large non-stick skillet, heat 1 TB oil over medium-high heat. Add tomatoes, artichokes, green onions, garlic, and salt and pepper. Cook 2 or 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are warmed through. Remove from heat.
4. Drain the pasta well. Transfer to a large bowl, and toss with 1 tsp. olive oil. Add half of the sauce to the ravioli, toss gently to mix. Transfer ravioli to a serving platter. Pour remaining sauce over ravioli.
Garnish with Parmesean cheese and basil.
If you don't like the process of peeling/seeding tomatoes, this dish can be made with a can of diced tomatoes (recipe calls for pound of tomatoes, so one can should be good).
BUT - it's really not hard at all to make a fresh sauce ! Here's the steps I follow:
- Bring water to boil in a dutch oven
- Drop the tomatoes in for a few seconds each
- Cut an X in one end of the tomato - the skin will fall off easily (this part is kind of fun!!)
- Cut in half and use your fingers to swipe out the seeds
Once the tomatoes come out of the boiling water, add about a teaspoon of olive oil (helps prevent sticking) and drop the raviolis in. Most need to cook 7 or minutes. If they're done before your sauce is ready, drain them and put them into your serving dish, and toss with another teaspoon of olive oil - they may get stuck together otherwise.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (199g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 98 (31%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 10.9g||15 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.5g||17 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.2g|
|Cholesterol 44.7mg||14 %|
|Sodium 537.1mg||19 %|
|Potassium 277.8mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 40.4g||12 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.7g||19 %|
|Sugars, other 35.7g|
|Protein 14.1g||20 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 315
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe