Preheat oven to 350? F
Coat a 2 quart baking dish with cooking spray and set aside
-- Prepare the topping --
Combine flour, crumbled amaretti cookies, 1 stick butter, and brown sugar. Stir together until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Chill topping while making batter.
-- The Crumble --
1. Using an electric mixer, cream together 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter and granulated sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy.
2. Beat in Vanilla
3. In a seperate bowl mix flour, salt and baking powder
4. Add flour mixture to creamed mixture alternatively with eggsone at a time beating to incorporate after each addition.
5. Spread batter in prepared baking dish.
6. Drop cherries into cake batter and push them down into the batter so they are most of the way in.
7. Sprinkle crumb topping evenly over fruit and batter oressing in lightly to set topping.
8. Bake about 40 min or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
Serve warm or at room temperature with whipped cream
Almost any fruit could be substituted for cherries
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (382g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 568 (59%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 63.1g||84 %|
|Saturated Fat 33.1g||166 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 19.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4.7g|
|Cholesterol 657.4mg||202 %|
|Sodium 205.8mg||7 %|
|Potassium 567.7mg||15 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 79.4g||23 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.7g||19 %|
|Sugars, other 74.7g|
|Protein 24.1g||34 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 963
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe