Ready in 45 minutes
Combining the best of cakes & crumbles, a buckle has fruit baked into the batter
Preheat oven to 350? F
Coat a 2 quart baking dish with cooking spray and set aside
-- Prepare the topping --
Combine flour, crumbled amaretti cookies, 1 stick butter, and brown sugar. Stir together until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Chill topping while making batter.
-- The Crumble --
1. Using an electric mixer, cream together 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter and granulated sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy.
2. Beat in Vanilla
3. In a seperate bowl mix flour, salt and baking powder
4. Add flour mixture to creamed mixture alternatively with eggsone at a time beating to incorporate after each addition.
5. Spread batter in prepared baking dish.
6. Drop cherries into cake batter and push them down into the batter so they are most of the way in.
7. Sprinkle crumb topping evenly over fruit and batter oressing in lightly to set topping.
8. Bake about 40 min or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
Serve warm or at room temperature with whipped cream
Almost any fruit could be substituted for cherries