1. Preheat oven to 325ºF. Coat an 8 x 8 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a shallow bowl, beat egg with just enough water to thin it a little. Set aside.
3. Place bread crumbs in another shallow bowl, and stir in dried basil. Set aside.
4. Place 1 chicken breast between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound with a mallet until about 1/4 inch thick, being careful not to pound holes in chicken; repeat with 2nd breast.
5. Remove plastic wrap and place 1 slice of ham on each breast.
6. Place one piece of cheese on the narrow end of each breast. Roll breast up jelly-roll fashion, and secure ends with toothpicks.
7. Dip breast in egg mixture and coat all sides. Roll in bread crumbs until well coated. Repeat with 2nd breast.
8. Place in baking dish and LIGHTLY spray with cooking spray (or an oil mister). This will help coating brown.
9. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
10. Remove toothpicks and place on plates. Top with some heated pasta sauce and some shredded cheese to garnish; serve.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (344g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2|
|Calories from Fat: 210 (32%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 23.3g||31 %|
|Saturated Fat 7.1g||35 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 9.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4.1g|
|Cholesterol 247mg||76 %|
|Sodium 767.2mg||26 %|
|Potassium 825.8mg||22 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 41.7g||12 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.9g||12 %|
|Sugars, other 38.8g|
|Protein 67g||96 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 663
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe
Be the first to review it!