1. Place rice and 2-1/2 cups water in a 2-3 quart pan; bring to boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes
2. Meanwhile, stir broth, cornstarch, lemon juice, soy sauce, honey, and ginger until smooth; set aside.
3. Cut chicken crosswise into 1/2 inch wide strips. Place wok or stir fry pan over high heat. When hot, add oil, then chicken. Stir often until chicken is no longer pink in center, 2-3 minutes. Lift out and cover to keep warm.
4. To wok, add bell pepper, bok choy, and 2 tablespoons water. Cover tightly and cook until bell pepper is barely tender-crisp to bite, 1 1/2-2 minutes; lift out and set aside.
5. Stir broth mix, then pour into wok and stir, bubbling, about 1 minutes. Gently mix in chicken and vegetables. Spoon rice into center of a platter and arrange chicken mix alongside, placing bok choy around rim of platter. Add additional soy sauce to taste.
Posted to MM-Recipes Digest by marlene
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (711g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 45 (9%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 5g||7 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.9g||5 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.4g|
|Cholesterol 65.8mg||20 %|
|Sodium 8132.2mg||280 %|
|Potassium 1100.9mg||29 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 72.5g||21 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.1g||16 %|
|Sugars, other 68.4g|
|Protein 47.9g||68 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 529
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, menu plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe
BananzaLoved it! Quick and easy, I added a little bit of sesame oil and rice vinegar to the stir fry sauce as well as added some broccoli and roma tomatoes.6m ago
teresaeasonVery Easy, I made it for the week and broke it down in individual servings for my family. Put a little rice and the chicken mixture in a glass container with a tight lid. Added sirachi because I like things spicy. It was good right off the wok so I imagine after the flavors sit for awhile it will be even better.1y ago
starunq3This dish needed help thinking salt or onion. The base was good added carrot & broccoli.1y ago
scmcooksPretty good dish. My family all enjoyed. I added an onion and celery to vegetables. Might cut down on a little lemon juice and increase spices a bit more.4y ago
susanwillowarnoldLove it! Have made it twice now and both sets of guests love it. Its pretty easy to make. I switched lime juice for the lemon juice because it's what we had but it still tasted great. I also left out the pepper because a guest didn't eat peppers but I didn't really miss it.4y ago
Rosiecook13Very simple to do. Guests loved it. 2nd time I made it, used thighs instead of breast meat. Did not do all that great. Stay with breast meat.6y ago
Leija1206This was pretty good mabey add some baby corn next time, the kids like baby corn6y ago