Top-ranked recipe named "Chicken Bok Choy Stir Fry (Low Fat, Low Cal)"
Try this Chicken Bok Choy Stir Fry (Low Fat, Low Cal) recipe, or contribute your own. "Chicken" and "collxquick" are two tags used to describe Chicken Bok Choy Stir Fry (Low Fat, Low Cal).
"Love it! Have made it twice now and both sets of guests love it. Its pretty easy to make. I switched lime juice for the lemon juice because it's what we had but it still tasted great. I also left out the pepper because a guest didn't eat peppers but I didn't really miss it."
1. Place rice and 2-1/2 cups water in a 2-3 quart pan; bring to boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes
2. Meanwhile, stir broth, cornstarch, lemon juice, soy sauce, honey, and ginger until smooth; set aside.
3. Cut chicken crosswise into 1/2 inch wide strips. Place wok or stir fry pan over high heat. When hot, add oil, then chicken. Stir often until chicken is no longer pink in center, 2-3 minutes Lift out and cover to keep warm.
4. To wok, add bell pepper, bok choy, and 2 tablespoons water. Cover tightly and cook until bell pepper is barely tender-crisp to bite, 1 1/2-2 minutes; lift out and set aside.
5. Stir broth mix, then pour into wok and stir, bubbling, about 1 minutes. Gently mix in chicken and vegetables. Spoon rice into center of a platter and arrange chicken mix alongside, placing bok choy around rim of platter. Add additional soy sauce to taste.
Posted to MM-Recipes Digest by marlene
Get the free BigOven app on your phone.
Quickly find any recipe anywhere!
teresaeason 5 months agoVery Easy, I made it for the week and broke it down in individual servings for my family. Put a little rice and the chicken mixture in a glass container with a tight lid. Added sirachi because I like things spicy. It was good right off the wok so I imagine after the flavors sit for awhile it will be even better.
starunq3 8 months agoThis dish needed help thinking salt or onion. The base was good added carrot & broccoli.
scmcooks 3 years agoPretty good dish. My family all enjoyed. I added an onion and celery to vegetables. Might cut down on a little lemon juice and increase spices a bit more.
susanwillowarnold 3 years agoLove it! Have made it twice now and both sets of guests love it. Its pretty easy to make. I switched lime juice for the lemon juice because it's what we had but it still tasted great. I also left out the pepper because a guest didn't eat peppers but I didn't really miss it.
Rosiecook13 5 years agoVery simple to do. Guests loved it. 2nd time I made it, used thighs instead of breast meat. Did not do all that great. Stay with breast meat.
Leija1206 5 years agoThis was pretty good mabey add some baby corn next time, the kids like baby corn