Ready in 40 minutes
As seen on Everyday Foods. Quick to prepare, and very flavourful.
"Wonderful flavor! I never realized how flavorful feta cheese is. And it was a pretty easy recipe although I had trouble stuffing the cheese inside the chicken. Next time I may just put the cheese on top after cooking the chicken. "
1. Make stuffing by combining feta and oregano in a bowl.
2. Create pocket in the thick end of the breast, without going through the other side. Stuff cheese evenly into the pockets. Season generously with salt and pepper on both sides
3. Heat pan at medium low before adding oil, so that the oil heats right away but does not start smoking.
4. Turn heat up to medium high and sear chicken for 6 - 7 minutes per side. Do not stir or touch until nicely browned to ensure they don't stick to the pan. Turn heat down to medium heat, cover and cook for an additional 5 - 8 minutes until chicken is cooked throughout.
5. Remove chicken from pan. Add chicken stock to pan and loosen brown bits from pan to dissolve into liquid. Add juice of 1/2 a lemon to pan and simmer for a minute or two. Turn heat to low or off and swirl butter into sauce until dissolved.
Serve chicken sliced to show off stuffing, and topped with sauce.
When searing, sear the side that you will serve facing up first, as the first side to be seared always comes out looking better.
nessadot 1w ago02/03/16: Was pretty good. May need to add spinach next time.
Chefdesire16 1w agoI used chicken thighs I would definitely will use Chicken breast next time.
Kccrick 2w agoQuick way to change up a chicken breast
felderzh 4w agoYummy! Loved the feta and oregano and the sauce made the dish juicy and flavorful. May use the sauce mixture on a variety of other dishes. Loved it.
crossmf 1m agoDelicious ~ fragrant and juicy. I added some basil, sundried tomato and parsley to the stuffing. I also butterflied the chicken breast and then used toothpicks to hold it all together. Will cook this again
jakemcooper87 8m agoWas awesome
michaelwheadon3 11m ago
Aorsum 1y agoSmells awesome when cooking. Also, I added field mushrooms and about 3 leaves of coriander to the stuffing. Added 1 tsp minced garlic to sauce and used 1 cup of chicken stock. Final cook in oven at 220 celsius. Loved it so much. Only 267 calories too.
bodeswell 1y agoWhere does all that green in the picture come from? Not a teaspoon of dried oregano. Looks like a substantial amount of spinach was added, which would moisten the chicken a bit.
Pancakegirl1 1y agoGreat recipe! Very easy, only thing was I couldn't get the sauce to work. Great!