Ready in 40 minutes
As seen on Everyday Foods. Quick to prepare, and very flavourful.
1. Make stuffing by combining feta and oregano in a bowl.
2. Create pocket in the thick end of the breast, without going through the other side. Stuff cheese evenly into the pockets. Season generously with salt and pepper on both sides
3. Heat pan at medium low before adding oil, so that the oil heats right away but does not start smoking.
4. Turn heat up to medium high and sear chicken for 6 - 7 minutes per side. Do not stir or touch until nicely browned to ensure they don't stick to the pan. Turn heat down to medium heat, cover and cook for an additional 5 - 8 minutes until chicken is cooked throughout.
5. Remove chicken from pan. Add chicken stock to pan and loosen brown bits from pan to dissolve into liquid. Add juice of 1/2 a lemon to pan and simmer for a minute or two. Turn heat to low or off and swirl butter into sauce until dissolved.
Serve chicken sliced to show off stuffing, and topped with sauce.
When searing, sear the side that you will serve facing up first, as the first side to be seared always comes out looking better.
EJMCooking 2w agoSauce incredible. Chicken moist. Very tasty all round
dannyboi0077 2m agoGood recipe! Although if you have really thick breasts I would recommend putting them in the oven for 10 minutes to cook through.
curt.traciel7r9 2m agoWonderful recipe! Even my 7 & 5 year old loves it!!
nessadot 3m ago02/03/16: Was pretty good. May need to add spinach next time.
Chefdesire16 3m agoI used chicken thighs I would definitely will use Chicken breast next time.
Kccrick 4m agoQuick way to change up a chicken breast
felderzh 4m agoYummy! Loved the feta and oregano and the sauce made the dish juicy and flavorful. May use the sauce mixture on a variety of other dishes. Loved it.
crossmf 4m agoDelicious ~ fragrant and juicy. I added some basil, sundried tomato and parsley to the stuffing. I also butterflied the chicken breast and then used toothpicks to hold it all together. Will cook this again
jakemcooper87 11m agoWas awesome
michaelwheadon3 1y ago