Top-ranked recipe named "Chicken Breast stuffed with Feta Cheese and Oregano"
As seen on Everyday Foods. Quick to prepare, and very flavourful.
"Wonderful flavor! I never realized how flavorful feta cheese is. And it was a pretty easy recipe although I had trouble stuffing the cheese inside the chicken. Next time I may just put the cheese on top after cooking the chicken. "- DrCool
1. Make stuffing by combining feta and oregano in a bowl.
2. Create pocket in the thick end of the breast, without going through the other side. Stuff cheese evenly into the pockets. Season generously with salt and pepper on both sides
3. Heat pan at medium low before adding oil, so that the oil heats right away but does not start smoking.
4. Turn heat up to medium high and sear chicken for 6 - 7 minutes per side. Do not stir or touch until nicely browned to ensure they don't stick to the pan. Turn heat down to medium heat, cover and cook for an addition 5 - 8 minutes until chicken is cooked throughout.
5. Remove chicken from pan. Add chicken stock to pan and loosen brown bits from pan to dissolve into liquid. Add juice of 1/2 a lemon to pan and simmer for a minute or two. Turn heat to low or off and swirl butter into sauce until dissolved.
Serve chicken sliced to show off stuffing, and topped with sauce.
When searing, sear the side that you will serve facing up first, as the first side to be seared always comes out looking better.
Get the free BigOven app on your phone.
Quickly find any recipe anywhere!
michaelwheadon3 1 month ago
Aorsum 3 months agoSmells awesome when cooking. Also, I added field mushrooms and about 3 leaves of coriander to the stuffing. Added 1 tsp minced garlic to sauce and used 1 cup of chicken stock. Final cook in oven at 220 celsius. Loved it so much. Only 267 calories too.
bodeswell 3 months agoWhere does all that green in the picture come from? Not a teaspoon of dried oregano. Looks like a substantial amount of spinach was added, which would moisten the chicken a bit.
Pancakegirl1 5 months agoGreat recipe! Very easy, only thing was I couldn't get the sauce to work. Great!
tmanovska 7 months agoI just made this dish and it it very delicious. I'll definitely make it again.
andrew_simpson 8 months agoHard to get cooked through. Simmer in chicken stock to get chicken moist. The lemon was a nice touch. Use olive oil. The lemon and butter cut the richness of the oil, or else it would be over powering.
vsblood79 10 months agoIt would be nice to know what kind of oil and how much to use. You can't get the gravy quite right without knowing this info.
SJCAgourmet 11 month agoI found this recipe to be bland, and boring. The chicken was dry in some areas since the instructions do not indicate to simmer in sauce.
seablue 1 year agoEasy to make. Very tasty. I put them in the oven after browning them.
Dais80 1 year agoVery simple to make...