Tip: Another recipe with the exact-same name "Chicken Carbonara" ranks higher.
Tasty chicken dish which makes a great dinner for company, but is easy enough for a weekday meal for the family. Most of the prep work can be done a day or two in advance, so making it is quick and easy. Easy to do, but looks and tastes like it's time-consuming and complicated. It also reheats very well.
"Just had this for dinner tonight; with some alterations, it was really delicious. We used 2 breasts instead of just one, replaced peppers with peas, and added mushrooms and a clove of garlic. We'll definitely be making it again!"- KittyChaos
Prep work that can be done ahead of time:
- Cook chicken and cut into bite size pieces. Smoking and cooking the chicken on wood grill adds excellent flavor to this dish.
- Fry bacon or cook in microwave until crispy, cool and crumble to make bacon bits.
- Slice green pepper into bit size pieces
Start Pasta or Rice:
- Cook to package directions
- In a large pan, saute green pepper lightly in oil, only about 1 minute, to keep the green pepper firm, rather than soft. Remove and reserve
- Brown/heat chicken pieces in pan, just until heated through. Cook only until heated through. Remove and reserve.
- Add cream, Parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup bacon, thyme, and pepper to pan (reduce heat). Simmer until cream sauce is reduced and slightly thickened, 10-12 minutes, stiring and scrapping bottom of pan frequently.
- Add sauted green pepper and chicken pieces to sauce in pan, mix.
To serve: Spoon chicken mixture onto spaghetti; top with 1/4 cup bacon
This is good served over rice instead of pasta. Can substitute pea pods for the green pepper, or add some red pepper for color.
shelly_carroll 3 months agoI would recommend making a rue so the sauce gets thick because it did not get as thick as I would like. It was very good. I also sautéed the chicken with seasoning so it would have more flavors.
KittyChaos 1 year agoJust had this for dinner tonight; with some alterations, it was really delicious. We used 2 breasts instead of just one, replaced peppers with peas, and added mushrooms and a clove of garlic. We'll definitely be making it again!
dnblynn 1 year ago
LizMartin1530 1 year agoIt was ok.
angelalaw 1 year agoNo ingredient list that says how much of what. Would have loved to try or!
monicagomez 1 year ago
spellchick84 1 year agoDelicious, but extremely unhealthy.
Kaz20 1 year agoPeppers in this just not to my taste otherwise good.
stephanieblayne 2 years ago
hollirussell 2 years agoVery cheesy thick sauce. I did add 1 teaspoon of minced garlic and used light cream instead of heavy cream. Delicious! Thanks