Another "Chicken Carbonara" recipe ranks higher.
Tasty chicken dish which makes a great dinner for company, but is easy enough for a weekday meal for the family. Most of the prep work can be done a day or two in advance, so making it is quick and easy. Easy to do, but looks and tastes like it's time-consuming and complicated. It also reheats very well.
"My family enjoyed this. I wasn't sure about the green pepper but found that it gave the sauce just a bit if sweetness that was quite enjoyable. I used a rue and unfortunately cooked it just a bit too long (too thick). I also seasoned the chicken with some Italian dries herbs and substituted fat free half and half for one of the cups of heavy cream. Definitely making this again."
Prep work that can be done ahead of time:
- Cook chicken and cut into bite size pieces. Smoking and cooking the chicken on wood grill adds excellent flavor to this dish.
- Fry bacon or cook in microwave until crispy, cool and crumble to make bacon bits.
- Slice green pepper into bit size pieces
Start Pasta or Rice:
- Cook to package directions
- In a large pan, saute green pepper lightly in oil, only about 1 minute, to keep the green pepper firm, rather than soft. Remove and reserve
- Brown/heat chicken pieces in pan, just until heated through. Cook only until heated through. Remove and reserve.
- Add cream, Parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup bacon, thyme, and pepper to pan (reduce heat). Simmer until cream sauce is reduced and slightly thickened, 10-12 minutes, stiring and scrapping bottom of pan frequently.
- Add sauted green pepper and chicken pieces to sauce in pan, mix.
To serve: Spoon chicken mixture onto spaghetti; top with 1/4 cup bacon
This is good served over rice instead of pasta. Can substitute pea pods for the green pepper, or add some red pepper for color.
Get the free BigOven app on your phone.
Quickly find any recipe anywhere!
Holly88 11 month agoMy family enjoyed this. I wasn't sure about the green pepper but found that it gave the sauce just a bit if sweetness that was quite enjoyable. I used a rue and unfortunately cooked it just a bit too long (too thick). I also seasoned the chicken with some Italian dries herbs and substituted fat free half and half for one of the cups of heavy cream. Definitely making this again.
shelly_carroll 1 year agoI would recommend making a rue so the sauce gets thick because it did not get as thick as I would like. It was very good. I also sautéed the chicken with seasoning so it would have more flavors.
KittyChaos 2 years agoJust had this for dinner tonight; with some alterations, it was really delicious. We used 2 breasts instead of just one, replaced peppers with peas, and added mushrooms and a clove of garlic. We'll definitely be making it again!
dnblynn 2 years ago
LizMartin1530 2 years agoIt was ok.
angelalaw 2 years agoNo ingredient list that says how much of what. Would have loved to try or!
monicagomez 2 years ago
spellchick84 3 years agoDelicious, but extremely unhealthy.
Kaz20 3 years agoPeppers in this just not to my taste otherwise good.
stephanieblayne 3 years ago