Tasty chicken dish which makes a great dinner for company, but is easy enough for a weekday meal for the family. Most of the prep work can be done a day or two in advance, so making it is quick and easy. Easy to do, but looks and tastes like it's time-consuming and complicated. It also reheats very well.
Prep work that can be done ahead of time:
- Cook chicken and cut into bite size pieces. Smoking and cooking the chicken on wood grill adds excellent flavor to this dish.
- Fry bacon or cook in microwave until crispy, cool and crumble to make bacon bits.
- Slice green pepper into bit size pieces
Start Pasta or Rice:
- Cook to package directions
- In a large pan, saute green pepper lightly in oil, only about 1 minute, to keep the green pepper firm, rather than soft. Remove and reserve
- Brown/heat chicken pieces in pan, just until heated through. Cook only until heated through. Remove and reserve.
- Add cream, Parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup bacon, thyme, and pepper to pan (reduce heat). Simmer until cream sauce is reduced and slightly thickened, 10-12 minutes, stiring and scrapping bottom of pan frequently.
- Add sauted green pepper and chicken pieces to sauce in pan, mix.
To serve: Spoon chicken mixture onto spaghetti; top with 1/4 cup bacon
This is good served over rice instead of pasta. Can substitute pea pods for the green pepper, or add some red pepper for color.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (201g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 361 (65%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 40.1g||53 %|
|Saturated Fat 18.5g||93 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 14.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4.4g|
|Cholesterol 157.9mg||49 %|
|Sodium 386.4mg||13 %|
|Potassium 318.1mg||8 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 27g||8 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 26.4g|
|Protein 22.3g||32 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 556
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
A variation on this recipe
"This is the perfect meal for a busy weeknight! It can be thrown together in a matter of minutes and is a great way to use leftover chicken (or even a rotisserie chicken); just skip the first step. If you know that you will have a busy day, you can prep this meal in the morning and throw it in the oven right before you are ready to eat!" —
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe