Ready in 2 hours
Chicken Casserole served over white rice. My family's favorite meal.
1. Chop the onion, celery, and broccoli and boil all together to soften.
2. Boil and shred the chicken breasts.
3. Mix the chicken, onion, celery, broccoli, cream of chicken, mayonnaise, and lime juice.
4. Place the mixture in two small casserole dishes or one big one about 2 inches deep.
5. Top with the shredded cheddar cheese
6. Crush the Ritz crackers and pour over the cheddar cheese the work the crumbs into the cheese.
7. Heat the oven to 350 degrees and cook for 1 hour.
8. Serve on white rice
deftprodukt25 6m agoQuite happy with this recipe. Gf and I got together to make this dish. We added the flavored ritz, (bacon and garden vegetable) and still came out great. We didnt add as much ritz as we should have, we would probably use 2-3 rolls next time. Added way more lime juice than suggested and some seasoning and also boiled diced carrots.
NurseNikki 5y agoIt's halved this and still had 3 days worth of leftovers, loved it! I used less cheese but still my cheese topped burned. We really liked this casserole and made it 2 weeks in a row with more veggies in it. Especially liked the chicken being cooked before it goes in, 3 minutes on the George foreman and less likely to be undercooked.
mommajenn3 6y agoAwesome! My kid who hates to eat actually asked for seconds and then I caught him getting thirds! I had to use Town House crackers because I ran of Ritz, but it was good. We add Tony Chachere's Creole seasoning to everything and that added a nice zing.
meprtwo 6y agoThis is good served with French Bread and the vegetable of your choice. [I posted this recipe.]