1.In a large bowl mix the yogurt, the grated ginger and half the garlic.
2. Mix chicken in with yogurt mixture and refrigerate over night. No less than two hours in fridge.
3. Heat oil in large pan mince and cook onion till brown about 10 mins. (The darker the sweeter)
4.Mix other half of garlic, half the chilies, the spices while waiting for onions to cook. Add to pan when onions are done.
5. This should make a paste. Slowly add in Coconut Milk while stiring. Cook for about 10 mins or until mixture starts to get really dry. (Ten minutes is an estimate depending on how high you are cooking it . The important thing here is for it to become dry, otherwise the end result can come out watery)
6. Add chicken yogurt mix. Heat on medium for 30 mins
7. Use the other half of the chilies on plates as desired.
Also try crumbling Feta into it to make it tangy as well as spicy.
I pour this over Jasmine Rice
If it's to dry you can add a little water to thin it out.
For me This meal is always better the next day after it has sat overnight.
Many people have commented that they will add veggies to this after cooking it for the first time. Please feel free to consider that as an option before making it. We have other food with this that keep us from needing to add veggies but please let me know if you come up with a great way to adjust this. I love hearing what others do to tweak and improve on my recipes for their families.
Some sides could be: Nan (Indian style flat bread), Paneer Aloo, or Saag
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (415g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 281 (56%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 31.3g||42 %|
|Saturated Fat 25.3g||126 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.9g|
|Cholesterol 70.7mg||22 %|
|Sodium 1058.2mg||36 %|
|Potassium 1003.7mg||26 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 20g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4 %|
|Sugars, other 19g|
|Protein 37.6g||54 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 498
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
I recommend pairing it with this recipe
"Great stuff!" —
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe