When I made it once I used the chicken breasts already cooked and frozen, I think they were Tyson's. I used about 6 breasts because they were thin. I think if you were to make your own cooked chicken that you could get away with maybe 3 large breasts. Just boil them ahead of time, let em cool and shred.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
3. In a large bowl, combine cooked and shredded chicken, salsa, black beans, corn, cumin and chili powder. Stir until evenly mixed.
4. Layer 2 tortillas on the bottom of greased pan. NOTE: You may need to trim 1 tortilla to fit the gaps left by the two tortillas on each level.
5. Place half of the chicken mixture on top of tortillas and evenly spread across.
6. Sprinkle about 1/2-2/3 cup shredded cheese (about 1/3 of the bag)over chicken mixture.
7. Next pour 1/3 of enchilada sauce evenly over cheese.
8. Repeat layers of tortilla, chicken mixture, cheese and enchilada sauce then top with one last layer of tortillas. Evenly spread remaining enchilada sauce over the top level of tortillas.
9. In a small bowl, combine sour cream and can cream of chicken soup. Stir together completely. Evenly spread over the top tortilla layer.
10. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
11. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes covered, then remove foil and bake for an addition 10 minutes or until cheese is completely melted and casserole is heated through.
BigOven Tip: Easily make this ahead of time! Freezes well, just reheat in a 350 degree F oven.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (287g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 168 (28%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 18.7g||25 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.5g||28 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 7.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.8g|
|Cholesterol 11.7mg||4 %|
|Sodium 1676.4mg||58 %|
|Potassium 355.6mg||9 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 90.9g||27 %|
|Dietary Fiber 7.8g||31 %|
|Sugars, other 83.1g|
|Protein 16.4g||23 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 600
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.