Another "Chicken Enchiladas" recipe ranks higher.
A creamy and easy chicken enchilada that freezes well
"Good recipe. I'll use less sour cream and cream cheese next time. I'll also add more onion and spices. The dairy products reduce the flavoring"- Modpastor
1) Saut diced chicken and season to taste (chili powder, salt, garlic powder, pepper, cayenne pepper)
2) Saut diced onion until transparent (season similarly)
3) Mix softened Cream Cheese, Sour Cream, Chilies, and Cream of Celery Soup in large bowl
4) Mix in about 10oz of Cheddar Cheese and Black Beans
4) Fold in Onion and Chicken
5) In deep pan, scoop mixture into tortillas - wet top flap of tortilla with mixture to seal
6) Dab additional mixture onto top of enchiladas and sprinkle with remaining Cheese
7) Bake ~~at; 350F for 35-40 minutes uncovered on middle rack (if frozen, cook covered for one hour then uncovered for 10-15 minutes)
8) Freeze or refrigerate pan of uncooked enchiladas for use later (they cook better than they reheat)
Get the free BigOven app on your phone.
Quickly find any recipe anywhere!
tchadwick 1 year ago
booboo320 1 year agoLoved it! We added olives and it was the best!
Modpastor 3 years agoGood recipe. I'll use less sour cream and cream cheese next time. I'll also add more onion and spices. The dairy products reduce the flavoring
Radelli 3 years agoAdded to favorites, very tasty, thanks
Alisonm 3 years agoThe only thing I would change is to add some cilantro. Delicious!
jaddmurphy 6 years agoreally easy and really yummy! Even the kids liked it!