Chicken breast rolled w baby spinach & roasted pumpkin, wrapped in filo pastry, served w a creamy seeded mustard sauce
1. Roughly chop the pumpkin & onion mix with crushed garlic, lightly coat in vegetable oil seasoned with salt, pepper & mixed herbs and roast in the oven on low heat (160) w until soft.
Note. Low heat – so onion doesn’t burn before pumpkin cooked – dis-colour mix
Note. Can make pumpkin mixture 1-2 day ahead
2. Butterfly chicken breasts being careful not to cut all the way through and lightly mallet flat until a rough rectangle shape with even thickness can be achieved.
3. Place the chicken on a piece of alfoil and sprinkle a layer of baby spinach on top. Place a generous heaped amount of pumpkin mixture across one side of the breast and gently roll the chicken, baby spinach & pumpkin mix into a log shape. Re-roll this into the alfoil sheet you are working on and twist both ends like a bon-bon.
4. Re-peat for all 4 Breasts
5. Place all rolled chicken bon-bon’s into a deep cooking tray half filled with hot water so they are half submerged. Cook in a moderate oven for 45 minutes on 180 degree.
6. Take out of hot water, wait until cool and refrigerate until needed.
Note. All the above can be made in advance and cooled in a refrigerator wrapped in glad wrap to be used over 2-3 days or may be frozen to be used at a later date.
7. Place pre-made chicken roll (with glad wrap) into the microwave and heat for 1-2 minutes
8. Roll in 3-4 sheets of filo pastry using either butter or oil to stick the end sheets down.
Note. No need to butter/oil each sheet together though
9. Place in an oven on 180 until pastry is lightly brown
10. While Chicken is in oven place some cream into a pan with a heaped tablespoon of seeded mustard and season with salt & pepper. Reduce until slightly thick and serve with/under the chicken.
Note. You may cut the finished chicken in half or serve as you wish
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (626g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4|
|Calories from Fat: 454 (58%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 50.4g||67 %|
|Saturated Fat 30g||150 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 14.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.6g|
|Cholesterol 309.5mg||95 %|
|Sodium 270mg||9 %|
|Potassium 1513.6mg||40 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 22.8g||7 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.7g||11 %|
|Sugars, other 20.1g|
|Protein 61g||87 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 784
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.