Top-ranked recipe named "Chicken in Basil Cream (9 pts)"
"I loved this recipe, though I ended up with a pretty different outcome! We couldn't find all the right ingredients and substituted a few hot green peppers (I think I used 2) for the pimento and used dried basil instead of fresh basil (same amount, though). It was still absolutely fantastic if you like spicy food (which I love). The sauce was still delicious and I can imagine how good it would've been w/ the right peppers. I served it with some penne and olive oil with sauted asparagus and garlic on the side. I'll definitely be cooking this one again!"- Daraji
- Heat skillet over medium high heat
- Place milk and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls
- Dip chicken in milk, and then coat with crumbs
- Add chicken to skillet with 1/2 of the butter about 5 min
- Add remaining butter flip chicken and cook another 5 min till chicken is cooked.
- Remove and keep warm
- Add broth to skillet bring to boil over medium heat to remove fond
- Stir in cream, and pimientos; boil and stir for 1 min
- Reduce heat, add parmesan cheese, basil and pepper; cook and stir until heated through.
- Serve chicken with sauce poured over.
BobbyOrtiz 6 days 16 hours agoThis was easy and everyone loved it! I recommend serving it over rice.
jonathanwillard2 3 weeks agoThis was not only very tasty, its was very, very simple and easy to make. Inexpensive as well. Very happy I went with this.
shelaholm 3 weeks agoGreat special occasion meal. I will definetly make again. Very easy.
memackjr 1 month agoThis was awesome! I want to make it with salmon next time
BobbyOrtiz 2 months agoWe made a lot more sauce than it called for. Every one loved it. We served it with rice. The extra sauce was great with the rice.
Msjanice630 2 months agoFamily favorite
danfisheraliciahinchliffe 4 months agoSauce was very good!
Sippa 5 months agoI found that the pimentos just disappeared in the sauce, so I replaced them with a few tomatoes. I also added a couple cloves of garlic. After cooking the chicken, I added a couple of tablespoons of flour to make a roux so the sauce would be thicker. This is perfect on Basmati rice. It can also be made without breading the chicken, cutting it into bite-sized pieces and just putting the sauce on rice. I have added mushrooms to the sauce as well with success.
joannaandersonwilkinson 5 months agoFamily looooved this and I have a picky bunch!
Crettenberger 6 months agoinstead of pimentos I did diced tomatoes, as I am not a fan of pimentos. It was delicious.