Top-ranked recipe named "Chicken in Basil Cream (9 pts)"
"I loved this recipe, though I ended up with a pretty different outcome! We couldn't find all the right ingredients and substituted a few hot green peppers (I think I used 2) for the pimento and used dried basil instead of fresh basil (same amount, though). It was still absolutely fantastic if you like spicy food (which I love). The sauce was still delicious and I can imagine how good it would've been w/ the right peppers. I served it with some penne and olive oil with sauted asparagus and garlic on the side. I'll definitely be cooking this one again!"
- Heat skillet over medium high heat
- Place milk and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls
- Dip chicken in milk, and then coat with crumbs
- Add chicken to skillet with 1/2 of the butter about 5 min
- Add remaining butter, flip chicken and cook another 5 min till chicken is cooked.
- Remove and keep warm
- Add broth to skillet, bring to boil over medium heat
- Stir in cream, and pimientos; boil and stir for 1 min
- Reduce heat, add parmesan cheese, basil and pepper; cook and stir until heated through.
- Serve chicken with sauce poured over.
Get the free BigOven app on your phone.
Quickly find any recipe anywhere!
cayococo16 2 months agoDelicious! I didn't have pimiento so I substituted sun-dried tomatoes. I will use this recipe next time I entertain...very decadent!
Jettech 2 months agoI made this for the first time for my family and it was a huge success!!! We all loved it!! I will change a couple of things next time, like, pound out the chic breasts or get cutlets. I will definitely make more sauce!
Heatherina 3 months agoDelicious overall. Next time I would use fresh basil and add a bit of cayenne to the cream sauce.
kayrich0407 3 months agoAmazing. My family loved it. Went great with roasted cauliflower
GreenSkeleton16 4 months agoDelicious
donnajorgenson 6 months agoI have made this many times over the year. It's a hit with the family!
Sachin108 6 months agoAmazing Dish!! Simple to make and very tasty
123luckygirl321 6 months agoThis was a hit with my family! Instead of pimentos I used garlic fire roasted diced tomatoes. Only because #1 I couldn't find a jar of only pimentos & #2 My kids would probably not eat them. But other than that substitution it was delicious!!!!
BobbyOrtiz 7 months agoThis was easy and everyone loved it! I recommend serving it over rice.
jonathanwillard2 8 months agoThis was not only very tasty, its was very, very simple and easy to make. Inexpensive as well. Very happy I went with this.