Distinctive colors and flavors of the prunes, olives and capers make this a favorite! Overnight marination is essential to the moistness of the dish. Chicken keeps and improves over several days of refrigeration; it travels well and makes a nice picinic.
1. In a large bowl combine chicken pieces, garlic, oregano, pepper and coarse salt to taste, vinegar, olive oil, prunes, olives, capers and juice, and bay leaves. Cover and let marinate, refrigerated, overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 350?
3. Arrange Chicken in single layer in one or two shallow pans. Spoon marinade over it evenly. Srpinkel with brown sugar and pour white wine over / around them.
4. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, basting frequestnly with juices. Chicken is done when thigh pieces, pricked witha fork at their fattest, yield clear yellow juice.
5. With a slotted spoon, transfer chicken, prunes, olives and capers to a platter. Moisten with spoonfuls of pan juice and sprinkle with parsley/cilantro. Put remaining juice in a gravy boat to pass.
6. To serve cold, coold to room temp in juice before transfering to platter. If chicken has to be covered and refrigerated, allow to return to room temp before serving.
To make this as an Hors D'oeuvre, use small drumsicks and wings - serve cold.
There are no reviews yet for Chicken Marbella. Be the first to review it!