Ready in 35 minutes
A personal favorite.
1. Cut the chicken and peppers into strips.
2. Cook chicken strips in a skillet.
3. Add Chicken broth and salsa
4. Bring to a boil - reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes
5. Add peppers and corn
6. Bring to a boil
7. Stir in rice - cover and remove from heat
8. Let stand for 7 minutes
9. Fluff with a fork and top with sour cream and cheese.
10. Serve with Taco Chips.
** NOTE **
Yes, the instructions are correct: when you add the instant rice and remove from heat... the 7 minutes will allow the instant white rice to cook and will absorb the chicken broth / salsa mix.
tljones71 6y ago
tadaa 6y agoAs written...the instructions do not allow for the rice to be cooked at all...but once the instructions are corrected, it is very good and very easy!
danip727 6y agoI loved this, I did add a few things. 1 can of mexican red beans, 1 pouch of taco seasonings (I simmered the shredded chicken in it) also I added 1/2 cup of sour cream into the dish while it was cooking. I am thinking next time Ill add a can of green chiles too.
hodgson668 7y ago[I posted this recipe.]