It's a holiday tradition to bake cookies, and ginger is a huge ingredient. What if you try the cookie ingredients in a muffin? This Chocolate Ginger muffin is layered with flavors as they slowly unfold with candied ginger at the front, but it's also fluffy and fun. We always have extra Hershey's chocolate kisses since Halloween days, so this recipe finds good use for them. Serves 12 muffins.
1. Melt the butter with the chocolate kisses or chips in the microwave. Place in the fridge for 5 minutes to cool off.
2. Line the muffin pan with paper liners or spray with baking spray. Preheat the oven to 400 ° F.
3. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder and salt.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk 2 eggs with cranberry and orange juice. Add the buttery chocolate mixture and vanilla extract.
5. Slowly add these to the dry ingredients stirring well.
6. Fold in the small dots of sliced crystallized ginger. Stir well.
7. Place a scoop of this muffin mix into each paper liner. Bake at 400F for 20 minutes.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (177g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12|
|Calories from Fat: 162 (37%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 18g||24 %|
|Saturated Fat 8.6g||43 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.6g|
|Cholesterol 373.8mg||115 %|
|Sodium 314.7mg||11 %|
|Potassium 264.7mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 55.6g||16 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 54.2g|
|Protein 14.3g||20 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 440
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.