1. MAKE THE CAKE: Adjust the oven rack to the middle position. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 10-cup Bundt pan with Pam; dust lightly with cocoa powder. Tap out any excess cocoa powder. Place the prepared pan on a 1/4 sheet pan. .
2. In a large heat-proof mixing bowl, add the cocoa powder and bittersweet chocolate pieces. Pour the hot coffee over the mixture. Whisk until smooth, then set aside to cool slightly; about 10 minutes.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl, add the sugars, canola oil, eggs, Kahlua and vanilla and almond extracts. With an electric hand mixer on medium speed, beat until smooth; about 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the melted chocolate mixture and beat until smooth; about 1 minute. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
5. On low speed add the flour mixture in 3 increments and beat just until blended. Do not overmix.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared Bundt pan and smooth the top. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a tester comes out with just a few moist crumbs attached. Do not overbake.
7. Cool in the pan 10 minutes. Invert the cake onto a serving platter and cool for 30 minutes before icing.
8. MAKE THE ICINGS: If the consistency of either icing is too thick and not pourable, add a few drops more of half and half; whisk until pourable. These icings harden almost immediately; work quickly. Vanilla Icing: In a small saucepan over medium heat, whisk the butter until melted. Whisk in the confectioner's sugar, half and half and vanilla. Whisk to a smooth and pourable consistency. Immediately drizzle over the cooled cake. Chocolate Kahlua Icing: Rinse out the small saucepan. Over medium heat, whisk the butter and chocolate chips until melted. Whisk in the confectioner's sugar, Kahlua and half and half. Whisk to a smooth and pourable consistency. Immediately drizzle over the vanilla icing.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (131g)|
|Recipe Makes: 16 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 154 (37%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 17.1g||23 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.7g||29 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 7.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.8g|
|Cholesterol 141.5mg||44 %|
|Sodium 53.2mg||2 %|
|Potassium 172.9mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 59.4g||17 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.8g||7 %|
|Sugars, other 57.6g|
|Protein 6.7g||10 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 412
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!