1. MAKE THE CAKE: Adjust the oven rack to the middle position. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 10-cup Bundt pan with Pam; dust lightly with cocoa powder. Tap out any excess cocoa powder. Place the prepared pan on a 1/4 sheet pan. .
2. In a large heat-proof mixing bowl, add the cocoa powder and bittersweet chocolate pieces. Pour the hot coffee over the mixture. Whisk until smooth, then set aside to cool slightly; about 10 minutes.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl, add the sugars, canola oil, eggs, Kahlua and vanilla and almond extracts. With an electric hand mixer on medium speed, beat until smooth; about 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the melted chocolate mixture and beat until smooth; about 1 minute. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
5. On low speed add the flour mixture in 3 increments and beat just until blended. Do not overmix.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared Bundt pan and smooth the top. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a tester comes out with just a few moist crumbs attached. Do not overbake.
7. Cool in the pan 10 minutes. Invert the cake onto a serving platter and cool for 30 minutes before icing.
8. MAKE THE ICINGS: If the consistency of either icing is too thick and not pourable, add a few drops more of half and half; whisk until pourable. These icings harden almost immediately; work quickly. Vanilla Icing: In a small saucepan over medium heat, whisk the butter until melted. Whisk in the confectioner's sugar, half and half and vanilla. Whisk to a smooth and pourable consistency. Immediately drizzle over the cooled cake. Chocolate Kahlua Icing: Rinse out the small saucepan. Over medium heat, whisk the butter and chocolate chips until melted. Whisk in the confectioner's sugar, Kahlua and half and half. Whisk to a smooth and pourable consistency. Immediately drizzle over the vanilla icing.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (131g)|
|Recipe Makes: 16 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 154 (37%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 17.1g||23 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.7g||29 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 7.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.8g|
|Cholesterol 141.5mg||44 %|
|Sodium 53.2mg||2 %|
|Potassium 172.9mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 59.4g||17 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.8g||7 %|
|Sugars, other 57.6g|
|Protein 6.7g||10 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 412
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe
Be the first to review it!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!