This is a recipe that I created when I wanted more chocolate in my tiramisu. I use normal coffee because some people in my family are not big coffee fans. I you want more coffee flavor, try using espresso instead of coffee. I've also made this with coconut flavored coffee and it was a big hit.
1. Make Zabaglione: Melt chocolate and set aside to cool slightly. In top of small double boiler, beat egg yolks and sugar until mixture is a very pale yellow, about 3 minutes. Fold in chocolate and Marsala. Place double boiler over medium heat and whisk mixture constantly until it begins to bubble around the edges. Transfer zabaglione to a small bowl, cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
2. Make Mascarpone Mixture: Whip cream with sugar and cocoa powder until stiff peaks form. Beat in mascarpone and zabaglione just until blended. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
3. Make Coffee Mixture: In a separate bowl, combine coffee, sugar, vanilla, and creme de cacao.
4. Assemble: Arrange 8 cookies on the bottom of a medium sized dish or bowl, breaking cookies to fit if necessary. (Note: cookies will not fit tightly; there should be some space between them.) Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the coffee mixture over each cookie so that they are saturated, but not falling apart. Spoon 1/3 of the mascarpone cheese mixture over cookies and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon cocoa power. Repeat layers two more times.
5. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
I use a 9" x 7" x 2.5" Pyrex storage dish with lid for this dish. Also, I use Alessi "Biscotti Savoiardi" ladyfingers.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (204g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12|
|Calories from Fat: 271 (48%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 30.1g||40 %|
|Saturated Fat 14.4g||72 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 10.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.8g|
|Cholesterol 643.4mg||198 %|
|Sodium 239.9mg||8 %|
|Potassium 273.8mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 59.3g||17 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4 %|
|Sugars, other 58.4g|
|Protein 12.4g||18 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 559
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.