1. Make Zabaglione: Melt chocolate and set aside to cool slightly. In top of small double boiler, beat egg yolks and sugar until mixture is a very pale yellow, about 3 minutes. Fold in chocolate and Marsala. Place double boiler over medium heat and whisk mixture constantly until it begins to bubble around the edges. Transfer zabaglione to a small bowl, cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
2. Make Mascarpone Mixture: Whip cream with sugar and cocoa powder until stiff peaks form. Beat in mascarpone and zabaglione just until blended. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
3. Make Coffee Mixture: In a separate bowl, combine coffee, sugar, vanilla, and creme de cacao.
4. Assemble: Arrange 8 cookies on the bottom of a medium sized dish or bowl, breaking cookies to fit if necessary. (Note: cookies will not fit tightly; there should be some space between them.) Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the coffee mixture over each cookie so that they are saturated, but not falling apart. Spoon 1/3 of the mascarpone cheese mixture over cookies and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon cocoa power. Repeat layers two more times.
5. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
I use a 9" x 7" x 2.5" Pyrex storage dish with lid for this dish. Also, I use Alessi "Biscotti Savoiardi" ladyfingers.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (204g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12|
|Calories from Fat: 271 (48%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 30.1g||40 %|
|Saturated Fat 14.4g||72 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 10.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.8g|
|Cholesterol 643.4mg||198 %|
|Sodium 239.9mg||8 %|
|Potassium 273.8mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 59.3g||17 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4 %|
|Sugars, other 58.4g|
|Protein 12.4g||18 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 559
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe