1. For the rolls, dissolve the yeast in the warm milk in a large bowl.
2. Add the sugar, margarine, salt,eggs, and flour, and mix well.
3. Knead the dough into a large ball, using your hands dusted lightly with flour. Put in a bowl, cover, and let rise in a warm place about 1 hour or until doubled in size.
4. Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface. Roll the dough flat until it is about 21 inches long and 16 inches wide (about 1/4 inch thick).
5. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
6. For the filling, combine the brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Spread the softened margarine evenly over the surface of the dough, and then sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar evenly over the surface.
7. Working carefully from the 21-inch side, roll the dough.
8. Cut the rolled dough into 1-3/4-inch slices and place 6 at a time, evenly spaced, in a lightly greased baking pan. Bake for 10 minutes or until light brown on top.
9. While the rolls bake, combine the icing ingredients. Beat well with an electric mixer until fluffy.
10. When the rolls come out of the oven, coat each generously with icing.
Categories: Breakfast, dessert
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 (173g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 197 (37%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 21.9g||29 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.3g||26 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 9.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 5.7g|
|Cholesterol 40.1mg||12 %|
|Sodium 788.8mg||27 %|
|Potassium 237.4mg||6 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 79.1g||23 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.1g||8 %|
|Sugars, other 77g|
|Protein 7.8g||11 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 537
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, menu plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe