For the past couple of days, I have been dreaming of Entenmann's coffee cakes. I don't know, I just miss them. So I thought I would have a look for a "similar recipe". Yippee - I found one and can not wait to try it out. For those of you who can pick up a genuine Entenmann's and have any knack at matching recipes, please give this a go - I really want to give my kids a taste of home...
Oven Temp: 400F / 200C / Gas Mark 7
1. Mix together the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Add in the oil.
2. Divide this mixture - one half slightly larger than the other - into 2 bowls.
3. In the smaller portion add the eggs, milk and vanilla extract. Mix well until free of lumps ( mixture will be thin ). Pour into greased 9 x 13-inch pan.
3. In the larger portion add the butter, cinnamon & nuts. Mix with hands, making crumbs, leaving some large crumbs. Spoon evenly on top of the batter.
4. Bake for 25-30 minutes till browned. Cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (585g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 820 (40%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 91.1g||121 %|
|Saturated Fat 18.1g||91 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 49.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 20g|
|Cholesterol 204.5mg||63 %|
|Sodium 6467.3mg||223 %|
|Potassium 578.1mg||15 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 283.1g||83 %|
|Dietary Fiber 9g||36 %|
|Sugars, other 274g|
|Protein 32.6g||47 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 2028
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe