A really great meatless alternative for a delicious main course and great cold for sandwiches. Inspired by Vegetarian Classics by Jeanne Lemlin.
Preheat to 375 degrees.
1. Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan, line the bottom with wax paper and grease the paper
2. Toast the bread and let cool, then blend in food processor to make fine crumbs
3. Toast walnuts, then process until finely ground, then mix with bread crumbs
4. Combine eggs and onions in food processor, stir into loaf mixture
5. Blend green pepper, celery, parsley, tomatoes in food processor until finely ground
6. Stir vegetables into loaf mixture along with poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper
7. Mix well until evenly moistened, press into pan
8. Bake for 80 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center of the loaf comes out dry
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (265g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 289 (60%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 32.1g||43 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.8g||14 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 9.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 16.5g|
|Cholesterol 105.8mg||33 %|
|Sodium 241.8mg||8 %|
|Potassium 595.4mg||16 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 35.1g||10 %|
|Dietary Fiber 7g||28 %|
|Sugars, other 28g|
|Protein 19g||27 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 479
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.