1. Mix bread crumbs, 1/4 cup corn starch, and coconut in a deep bowl and set aside.
2. Combine Pina Colada mix, powdered sugar and rum in a small mixing bowl and set aside.
3. Place 1/2 cup corn starch in a separate bowl.
4. Heat oil for deep frying. Oil is ready for frying shrimp with it reaches 375(F) degrees.
5. Coat shrimp first in corn starch, then into the Pina Colada mix, then dust shrimp in bread crumbs, coconut mixture. Second coating place back into Pina Colada mix, then again into coconut, and then the bread crumb mixture.
6. Place prepared shrimp carefully into hot oil. Fry until golden brown, remove from fryer and drain.
PINA COLADA DIPPING SAUCE
1. Mix Pina Colada Mix, water, crushed pineapple, coconut, and powdered sugar in a sauce pan. Heat on medium low temperature until sauce begins to simmer, stirring frequently. Let mixture simmer slowly 10-12 minutes.
2.Mix corn starch and water together, add to sauce and blend well. Let mixture simmer for 3-5 minutes longer while stirring during and after adding corn starch. Remove from heat and bring to room temperature.
Sauce is served at room temperature with shrimp.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (247g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 141 (24%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 15.6g||21 %|
|Saturated Fat 12.9g||64 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.9g|
|Cholesterol 86.2mg||27 %|
|Sodium 324mg||11 %|
|Potassium 303.2mg||8 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 80g||24 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.3g||13 %|
|Sugars, other 76.7g|
|Protein 14.8g||21 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 576
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe