Top-ranked recipe named "Coconut Shrimp with Pina Colada Dipping Sauce"
Crunchy and Dreamy
"Pina Colada mix can be found at any grocery store where you would find coconut milk or drink mixes. I think Walmart even has it. You can also find it at liquor stores. It's a premade mix for Pina Colada drinks (non alcoholic)"
1. Mix bread crumbs, 1/4 cup cornstarch, and coconut in a deep bowl and set aside.
2. Combine Pina Colada mix, powdered sugar and rum in a small mixing bowl and set aside.
3. Place 1/2 cup cornstarch in a separate bowl.
4. Heat oil for deep frying. Oil is ready for frying shrimp with it reaches 375(F) degrees.
5. Coat shrimp first in corn starch, then into the Pina Colada mix, then dust shrimp in bread crumbs, coconut mixture. Second coating place back into Pina Colada mix, then again into coconut, and then the bread crumb mixture.
6. Place prepared shrimp carefully into hot oil. Fry until golden brown, remove from fryer and drain.
PINA COLADA DIPPING SAUCE
1. Mix Pina Colada Mix, water, crushed pineapple, coconut, and powdered sugar in a sauce pan. Heat on medium low temperature until sauce begins to simmer, stirring frequently. Let mixture simmer slowly 10-12 minutes.
2.Mix cornstarch and water together, add to sauce and blend well. Let mixture simmer for 3-5 minutes longer while stirring during and after adding cornstarch. Remove from heat and bring to room temperature.
Sauce is served at room temperature with Shrimp
Get the free BigOven app on your phone.
Quickly find any recipe anywhere!
jlc314 2 years ago
Sanika 3 years agoFor the sauce, one must use coconut water or coconut fruit?
V77 3 years agoThis is a GREAT recipe!!! Will definitely be making it again
Love7721 3 years agoPina Colada mix can be found at any grocery store where you would find coconut milk or drink mixes. I think Walmart even has it. You can also find it at liquor stores. It's a premade mix for Pina Colada drinks (non alcoholic)
tonibulg 3 years agoWhat is exactly this pina colada mix? What does it consist of? Tks ;-)
Love7721 3 years agoI posted this recipe