Ready in 45 minutes
Crunchy and Dreamy
1. Mix bread crumbs, 1/4 cup corn starch, and coconut in a deep bowl and set aside.
2. Combine Pina Colada mix, powdered sugar and rum in a small mixing bowl and set aside.
3. Place 1/2 cup corn starch in a separate bowl.
4. Heat oil for deep frying. Oil is ready for frying shrimp with it reaches 375(F) degrees.
5. Coat shrimp first in corn starch, then into the Pina Colada mix, then dust shrimp in bread crumbs, coconut mixture. Second coating place back into Pina Colada mix, then again into coconut, and then the bread crumb mixture.
6. Place prepared shrimp carefully into hot oil. Fry until golden brown, remove from fryer and drain.
PINA COLADA DIPPING SAUCE
1. Mix Pina Colada Mix, water, crushed pineapple, coconut, and powdered sugar in a sauce pan. Heat on medium low temperature until sauce begins to simmer, stirring frequently. Let mixture simmer slowly 10-12 minutes.
2.Mix corn starch and water together, add to sauce and blend well. Let mixture simmer for 3-5 minutes longer while stirring during and after adding corn starch. Remove from heat and bring to room temperature.
Sauce is served at room temperature with shrimp.
jlc314 3y ago
Sanika 4y agoFor the sauce, one must use coconut water or coconut fruit?
V77 4y agoThis is a GREAT recipe!!! Will definitely be making it again
Love7721 4y agoPina Colada mix can be found at any grocery store where you would find coconut milk or drink mixes. I think Walmart even has it. You can also find it at liquor stores. It's a premade mix for Pina Colada drinks (non alcoholic)
tonibulg 4y agoWhat is exactly this pina colada mix? What does it consist of? Tks ;-)
Love7721 4y agoI posted this recipe