Ready in 30 minutes
Fritters is one of my standby bar foods. If I see a shrimp or conch fritter on the menu, I order them. GREAT finger food.
You can easily replace the Conch in this recipe with either Shrimp, Crab, or Corn
1. Rough chop the Conch and set aside.
2. Mix together all of the other ingredients, but withhold a little of the flour. Add the chopped Conch and mix up well. The batter should be fairly thick. You should be able to place some on a spoon, turn the spoon over, and it'll stay there. If it's not thick enough add more flour, a little at a time, until you've got the proper consistency.
3. Heat oil at least 1" deep in a black frying pan. When the oil is hot enough, about 350 degrees, place fritters into the hot oil. You to tablespoons to make fritters. get some of the fritter batter in one spoon, then use the other to slide it directly into the hot oil.
4. Fry until they're brown on one side, then flip them over to brown the other side. Take them out of the oil, and place them on a grate to drain. Sprinkle immediately with salt.
5. Serve immediately while hot, with Cocktail Sauce and Tarter Sauce on the side.
6. Butt Kickin' Blacken contains neither salt nor sugar, and can be ordered at www.capnrons.com.
7. If you use a different blacken seasoning blend, be careful because most of them include a lot of both salt and sugar. You'll have to adjust the recipe accordingly.