Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Oven Temp: 400F / 200C / Gas mark 6
1. Preheat oven.
2. In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat; add onion and saute until soft.
3. Stir in corn, zucchini and chipotles and cook for 6-7 minutes stirring often.
4. Remove from heat and stir in 3/4 cup of the cheese and the eggs, season to taste.
5. Spread corn mixture into a greased casserole.
6. Crumble stale corn tortillas, and mix with remaining cheese.
7. Sprinkle cheese/tortilla mixture over top and bake for 20 minutes until golden brown and heated through.
This is a very tasty casserole that even kids will enjoy if you remove the Chipotles. You can add half the amount of chipotles to half of the mixture and cook in two separate casseroles. Baking time may be slighlty lees. This way you can enjoy the full flavour of the dish and get your kids to eat zucchini without them even knowing it.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (379g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4|
|Calories from Fat: 508 (63%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 56.4g||75 %|
|Saturated Fat 10.1g||50 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 28.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 14.5g|
|Cholesterol 130.9mg||40 %|
|Sodium 274.3mg||9 %|
|Potassium 680.8mg||18 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 64.2g||19 %|
|Dietary Fiber 8.7g||35 %|
|Sugars, other 55.5g|
|Protein 19.2g||27 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 809
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
I recommend pairing it with this recipe
"These two compliment each other very nicely." —
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe