Top-ranked recipe named "Country Ham Potato Soup"
1. In a large stockpot, over medium-high heat, melt butter.
2. Add onion, garlic, and ham; cook for approximately 4 minutes, or until onion is soft and ham begins to brown.
3. Add flour and stir for approximately 1 minute, or until well blended.
4. Add broth and stir; cook until thickened and bubbly.
5. Add potatoes; bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook for 15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
6. With a potato masher, mash potatoes until only a few chunks remain.
7. Add cream, thyme, red pepper flakes, and black pepper; cook for 2 minutes.
8. Stir in cheese and sour cream until well blended.
Get the free BigOven app on your phone.
Quickly find any recipe anywhere!
nicolegory 9 months agoVery rich but good!!
Dogsnkids 10 months agoThis was delicious. I cooked up a ham bone from a holiday dinner and used that ham and broth to make the meal.
AliWasher 5 years ago[I posted this recipe.]