1. In a large stockpot, over medium-high heat, melt butter.
2. Add onion, garlic, and ham; cook for approximately 4 minutes, or until onion is soft and ham begins to brown.
3. Add flour and stir for approximately 1 minute, or until well blended.
4. Add broth and stir; cook until thickened and bubbly.
5. Add potatoes; bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook for 15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
6. With a potato masher, mash potatoes until only a few chunks remain.
7. Add cream, thyme, red pepper flakes, and black pepper; cook for 2 minutes.
8. Stir in cheese and sour cream until well blended.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (559g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4|
|Calories from Fat: 843 (76%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 93.6g||125 %|
|Saturated Fat 55.6g||278 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 25.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4.1g|
|Cholesterol 296.2mg||91 %|
|Sodium 2228.8mg||77 %|
|Potassium 1302.9mg||34 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 38.4g||11 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.6g||14 %|
|Sugars, other 34.8g|
|Protein 32g||46 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1109
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.