1. In a large stockpot, over medium-high heat, melt butter.
2. Add onion, garlic, and ham; cook for approximately 4 minutes, or until onion is soft and ham begins to brown.
3. Add flour and stir for approximately 1 minute, or until well blended.
4. Add broth and stir; cook until thickened and bubbly.
5. Add potatoes; bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook for 15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
6. With a potato masher, mash potatoes until only a few chunks remain.
7. Add cream, thyme, red pepper flakes, and black pepper; cook for 2 minutes.
8. Stir in cheese and sour cream until well blended.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (559g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4|
|Calories from Fat: 843 (76%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 93.6g||125 %|
|Saturated Fat 55.6g||278 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 25.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4.1g|
|Cholesterol 296.2mg||91 %|
|Sodium 2228.8mg||77 %|
|Potassium 1302.9mg||34 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 38.4g||11 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.6g||14 %|
|Sugars, other 34.8g|
|Protein 32g||46 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1109
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe