Ready in 45 minutes
This is an excellent, hearty dish! Family loves it!
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees. Coat 2 large flameproof roasting pans with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a small bowl, combine the chopped garlic, rosemary, parsley, salt, pepper and oil.
3. In a large bowl, toss mushrooms, potatoes, carrots and onion with 2 tablespoons herb mixture. Spoon into roasting pans, dividing equally between the two. Brush remaining herb mixture over chicken pieces. Place chicken, skin side up in pans and arrange the vegetables around them.
4. Bake in 400-degree oven for 45 minutes. Then add 1/3-cup chicken broth to each roasting pan. Baste the chicken with pan juices. Continue to bake for 15 minutes longer. Remove the chicken and vegetables to a serving dish, keep warm.
5. Place one pan over medium heat on stovetop. Add cup chicken broth. Bring to a simmer, scraping up any browned bits from bottom of pan, pour through strainer to a small bowl. Repeat with remaining roasting pan and chicken broth. Pour pan juices over chicken and vegetables and serve.
glorystahley 7m agoSuper yummy. I added thyme because I love it with chicken
herbgrower 1y agoFlavors were very good however the amount of chicken broth needed in ingredients list was short by one cup. I also felt the chicken was overlooked. The veggies all cooked perfectly.
Minerva79 2y agoThis made it into my regular rotation. I used small red/new or white potatoes cut in half, baby portobellos (baby-bellas!!!), and boneless skinless chicken breasts and a package of drumsticks with the skin on (that way everyone with their picky chicken-wants has a happy dinner, and I still get a little bit of that skin/fat for flavor in the dish). The fresh herbs are KEY, and I used 5 or 6 cloves of garlic because we LOVE garlic. I also put everything into one large, shallow, roasting pan (I don't have room in my oven for two). This was VERY tasty, and everyone in my family loved it.
herbgrower 3y agoThis was very tasty and easy. I used sweet potatoes instead of white potatoes and some wild mushrooms. The sauce had a lot of flavor from the veggies.
Carolynanne 4y agoDidn't have mushrooms so added sweet potato. Pre browned the chicken in frying pan. Really good. Definitely gonna do this one again
julie.a.cummings 4y agoMy family loved this!
SuperModified 5y agoMy families favorite diner
kswice 6y agoThis one made it to my favorites. Even my husband, who is not a vegetable fan, loved it. I did cut the potatoes a bit smaller based on one of the reviews and they cooked nicely.
hsmom340 9y agoI expected this recipe to be a good,homey dish..but, it was far from that. The flavors were very bland,and the potatoes werent even done! I even cut them smaller than called for. It was very easy (i only used 1 pan), and also very healthy, but nobody really cared for this at all. I also made gravy in the pan using the pan juices and Wondra (r).
hsmom340 9y agoI expected this recipe to be a good,homey dish..but, it was far from that.