Ready in 50 minutes
Dried cranberries and pecans make a great combination, but you can also vary this recipe to accommodate whatever nuts and dried fruits you have on hand. These will last a long time in a tin - that is, if they don't get eaten!
1. Combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and cloves and set aside.
2. Cream butter and sugar.
3. Add eggs and vanilla to the butter mixture.
4. Stir the flour mixture into the wet ingredients until thoroughly combined. If it is extremely sticky, stir in some extra flour.
5. Add chopped nuts and cranberries.
6. Make into loaves 1/2 inch high and 2 inches wide.
7. Bake in a 325 degree oven for 25 minutes or until light brown.
8. Cool at least 5 minutes, then slice into 1/2 inch thick slices with a serrated knife.
9. Lay slices on their side on a baking dish, and bake 10 minutes or longer to dry slightly. If the slices are not dried after 10 or 15 minutes, you can turn off the oven and leave them inside to dry without having to worry about them getting too dark.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, menu plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe
nolagyrl 1y agoDelicious, but remove from oven after cooking even if they seem too soft. They will harden up as they dry.
issy67 2y agoGreat recipe. Easy to make and they taste sublime.
stevemur 10y agoAnother sharp, gorgeous photo CajunToast. We just love your work!
cajuntoast 10y ago[I posted this recipe.]