Top-ranked recipe named "Cranberry Pine Nut Scones"
Try this Cranberry Pine Nut Scones recipe, or contribute your own. "spring brunch" and "collxcbb" are two tags used to describe Cranberry Pine Nut Scones.
"I like this recipe very much, it was a bit dry for my liking (but I find must sone to be) so I made a simple orange zest sugar glaze that made a amazing difference!!"- gotisj
1. Preheat the oven to 400.
2. Put the pine nuts in a skillet over medium high heat. Toast until golden. Add the butter and heat just until melted.
3. Put the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a bowl.
4. In a separate bowl, measure the milk, mix in the egg and melted butter/pine nuts. Stir until combined.
5. Stir the wet ingredients into the flour until just combined. Knead lightly with your hands a few times until the dough sticks together. (It's not too messy, don't worry).
6. Pat into a circle on an ungreased cookie sheet. The dough will be about 1.5 inches thick and the circle will be 7 or so inches in diameter.
7. Using a very sharp knife, cut into wedges. Distribute these wedges around the cookie sheet.
8. Bake for 13 minutes or until lightly golden.
These freeze well.
Get the free BigOven app on your phone.
Quickly find any recipe anywhere!
randrmom2000 1 year agoSo good, I also made some whipped honey butter to go with it. mmmmm
Mbizati 2 years agoI'm going to try it soon
Basil80 3 years agoI burnt the pine nuts and this still tasted good.
wsblake 7 years ago
gotisj 8 years agoI like this recipe very much, it was a bit dry for my liking (but I find must sone to be) so I made a simple orange zest sugar glaze that made a amazing difference!!
princessfiona 9 years agoI liked them so much I made them again today!!
princessfiona 9 years agoSo easy to make! Great recipe, next time I think I will add a bit more sugar.
cajuntoast 9 years ago[I made edits to this recipe.]
cajuntoast 9 years ago[I posted this recipe.]