1. Preheat the oven to 400.
2. Put the pine nuts in a skillet over medium high heat. Toast until golden. Add the butter and heat just until melted.
3. Put the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a bowl.
4. In a separate bowl, measure the milk, mix in the egg and melted butter/pine nuts. Stir until combined.
5. Stir the wet ingredients into the flour until just combined. Knead lightly with your hands a few times until the dough sticks together. (It's not too messy, don't worry).
6. Pat into a circle on an ungreased cookie sheet. The dough will be about 1.5 inches thick and the circle will be 7 or so inches in diameter.
7. Using a very sharp knife, cut into wedges. Distribute these wedges around the cookie sheet.
8. Bake for 13 minutes or until lightly golden.
These freeze well.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (71g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8|
|Calories from Fat: 94 (35%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 10.5g||14 %|
|Saturated Fat 4.2g||21 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.3g|
|Cholesterol 42mg||13 %|
|Sodium 188.2mg||6 %|
|Potassium 89.1mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 39.4g||12 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.2g||5 %|
|Sugars, other 38.2g|
|Protein 5.6g||8 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 271
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
If you like it, you might also try this
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe