Ready in 45 minutes
Try this Cranberry Pine Nut Scones recipe, or contribute your own.
"I like this recipe very much, it was a bit dry for my liking (but I find must sone to be) so I made a simple orange zest sugar glaze that made a amazing difference!!"
1. Preheat the oven to 400.
2. Put the pine nuts in a skillet over medium high heat. Toast until golden. Add the butter and heat just until melted.
3. Put the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a bowl.
4. In a separate bowl, measure the milk, mix in the egg and melted butter/pine nuts. Stir until combined.
5. Stir the wet ingredients into the flour until just combined. Knead lightly with your hands a few times until the dough sticks together. (It's not too messy, don't worry).
6. Pat into a circle on an ungreased cookie sheet. The dough will be about 1.5 inches thick and the circle will be 7 or so inches in diameter.
7. Using a very sharp knife, cut into wedges. Distribute these wedges around the cookie sheet.
8. Bake for 13 minutes or until lightly golden.
These freeze well.
PamKarasz 9m agoThese are so yummy! I've made them a few times now. I've also used raisins instead of cranberries once, and did pumpkin seeds instead of pine nuts another time, and sesame seeds another. Always perfect!
randrmom2000 2y agoSo good, I also made some whipped honey butter to go with it. mmmmm
Mbizati 2y agoI'm going to try it soon
Basil80 4y agoI burnt the pine nuts and this still tasted good.
wsblake 8y ago
gotisj 9y agoI like this recipe very much, it was a bit dry for my liking (but I find must sone to be) so I made a simple orange zest sugar glaze that made a amazing difference!!
princessfiona 9y agoI liked them so much I made them again today!!
princessfiona 9y agoSo easy to make! Great recipe, next time I think I will add a bit more sugar.
cajuntoast 9y ago[I made edits to this recipe.]
cajuntoast 9y ago[I posted this recipe.]