Top-ranked recipe named "Creamy Chicken and Noodle Casserole"
This is a quick and easy meal that is great on those cold nights! Sure to please the whole family. Works by itself our on top of mashed potatoes.
"Was very enjoyable. Needs something with it though, green beans or a salad or something with color. I'd suggest after removing the chicken from the chicken stock and water broth to put it in a different bowl and shred it so that the end result doesn't have big chunks of chicken but the overall taste was very good. Of the casserole l've made lately this seemed to be one my husband really enjoyed. Will make again but I might put some mixed veggies in the casserole or use cayenne pepper to give it some kick. "- Timebomb4
1. Empty can of chicken into large pot with enough water to boil egg noodles. Add chicken stock/bouillon and simmer about 10 minutes.
2. Remove chicken from pot and boil the mixture. Add egg noodles. Cook until tender. Drain and set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, combine soups, sour cream, and salt/pepper. Combine all ingredients and stir well.
4. Move to a baking dish, 8x8 or 9x9 and bake at 350 degrees F for about 30 minutes.
OPTIONAL: Cracker topping
1. Melt 1/2 cup butter in saucepan. Remove from heat.
2. Mix 1 cup of buttery round crackers with butter. Place on top of casserole before baking.
artylamb 4 months agoIt was ok.
3NITSUJ 5 months agoWasn't a hit at my house. It was okay but tasted a lot like chicken helper with a little more work.
luvmykids67 8 months agoThis was a hit in my house and i even forgot to add the broth! I think next time i will add crushed potato chips to the top instead of the breadcrumbs.
bmaw 9 months agoMy family loved this. So easy!!
vanacrane 10 months agoDelicious. Used fresh breadcrumbs mixed in brown butter for topping instead of crackers which was heavenly.
dlafave 11 month ago
agnes1965 1 year ago
chsbicunurse 1 year agoI added frozen peas and used fresh chicken instead of canned. I think next time, I will add more liquid to the soups, it was a little bit rich. Also, the 8x8, 9x9 was not big enough, had to use a 9x13.
karenm4136 1 year agoI thought it was good, liked the cracker topping. Would be good with peas mixed in.
cmv013 1 year ago