This is from Paula Deen, so you know it's good. You could add bacon to it. Maybe some red bell pepper. AWESOME for breakfast
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Spray an 8 by 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Unwrap the spinach and put it, box and all, on a plate. Microwave and cook on high power for 4 minutes. Allow it to cool and remove it from the box. Squeeze out all of the liquid out of the spinach and put it into a medium bowl.
3. Combine the eggs, sour cream, cottage cheese, Parmesan, flour, salt, and pepper, in a medium bowl. Stir together, or blend in food processor until the mixture is smooth, about 1 minute.
4. Pour the mixture into the bowl with the spinach. Add the Cheddar and blend with a spoon until well mixed.
5. Pour the spinach mixture into the baking dish and smooth out the top.
6. Bake until set, about 45 minutes. Remove the baking dish from the oven. It will be puffed up, but will fall slightly as it cools.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (255g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 279 (64%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 31g||41 %|
|Saturated Fat 14.9g||75 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 9.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.4g|
|Cholesterol 584.9mg||180 %|
|Sodium 621.9mg||21 %|
|Potassium 405.2mg||11 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 8.8g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.4g||5 %|
|Sugars, other 7.5g|
|Protein 31.8g||45 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 438
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.