1. Heat oil in large saute pan, then add cinnamon, cardamom, chiles, and bay leaves for 30 seconds
2. Add chopped onions
3. Stir and fried until onions start to carmelize
4. Add garlic and stir for 20 seconds
5. Add ginger and stir for 20 seconds
6. Add the remaining spices as well as the ground turkey and cook until browned and lumps are broken up
7. Add the lemon juice
8. Stir until mixed, then turn to low and cover - cook for 5-10 minutes
9. Season to taste
WW: 22 points total
Add more spice if you can take it. Very interesting dish!!!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1373g)|
|Recipe Makes: Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 735 (20%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 81.7g||109 %|
|Saturated Fat 12.9g||65 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 25g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 29.2g|
|Cholesterol 224mg||69 %|
|Sodium 638.9mg||22 %|
|Potassium 8602.1mg||226 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 532.9g||157 %|
|Dietary Fiber 155.7g||623 %|
|Sugars, other 377.2g|
|Protein 209.6g||299 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 3588
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe