Top-ranked recipe named "Curry Chicken Salad"
This summertime chicken salad is great for picnics or quick lunches. Whether on sandwiches or served with crackers it has a good, rich flavor and the grapes add a refreshing, juicy texture.
"Prepared this for a dinner after church tomorrow, and can't wait to share it. I used almonds & added freshly ground nutmeg. I also used canned chunk chk breast using that liquid for the broth. It's great. "
1) Boil Chicken in water with Celery tops (leaves)
2) Drain Chicken and let cool. Chop into small cubes.
3) Combine Chicken cubes, broken Pecans, halved Grapes, chopped Celery, and chopped Red Onion in a medium bowl.
4) Heat the Curry in a dry skillet over low-medium heat for 3 minutes (remove immediately if it begins to smoke).
5) Combine Mayonnaise, Sour Cream, Chicken Broth, Curry, Salt, and Pepper in a small dish.
6) Pour half of the Mayonnaise mixture over the Chicken mixture. Toss to coat.
7) Add additional Mayonnaise mixture over Chicken mixture to taste. Toss to coast.
8) Serve in warm Pita or with crackers (Triscuits recommended).
Get the free BigOven app on your phone.
Quickly find any recipe anywhere!
kelliesimmons2 2 years agoVery yummy! Little less curry
Dragonairmoonrace 2 years ago
00_jackie 3 years agoAbsolutely delicious! My new favorite! (I didn't heat the curry powder, just dumped it in)
Emwirk 3 years agoYUM!! Added less curry than called for.
angelajohn 3 years agoToo yummy, perfect picnic food.
tiffanyelswick 3 years agoThis is a surprisingly tasty and unconventional take on chicken salad. I ate this salad over plain Boston lettuce and it was a refreshing and tasty lunch.
StillLooking 3 years agoAbsolutly Fantastic!!!!! It works so well. I used saltunas and left out the nuts, still tasted great!
Periculumspath 3 years agoWonderful. Great recipe for little get togethers or a light lunch!
tbzjlb 4 years agoPrepared this for a dinner after church tomorrow, and can't wait to share it. I used almonds & added freshly ground nutmeg. I also used canned chunk chk breast using that liquid for the broth. It's great.
Vonnie04 4 years agoI loved this recipe. Being that i love curry Didn't change anything, just made the pecans and grapes a little smaller. I have pickey eaters. I will most def be making this again