Ready in 45 minutes
This summertime chicken salad is great for picnics or quick lunches. Whether on sandwiches or served with crackers it has a good, rich flavor and the grapes add a refreshing, juicy texture.
"Prepared this for a dinner after church tomorrow, and can't wait to share it. I used almonds & added freshly ground nutmeg. I also used canned chunk chk breast using that liquid for the broth. It's great. "
1) Boil Chicken in water with Celery tops (leaves)
2) Drain Chicken and let cool. Chop into small cubes.
3) Combine Chicken cubes, broken Pecans, halved Grapes, chopped Celery, and chopped Red Onion in a medium bowl.
4) Heat the Curry in a dry skillet over low-medium heat for 3 minutes (remove immediately if it begins to smoke).
5) Combine Mayonnaise, Sour Cream, Chicken Broth, Curry, Salt, and Pepper in a small dish.
6) Pour half of the Mayonnaise mixture over the Chicken mixture. Toss to coat.
7) Add additional Mayonnaise mixture over Chicken mixture to taste. Toss to coast.
8) Serve in warm Pita or with crackers (Triscuits recommended).
kelliesimmons2 2y agoVery yummy! Little less curry
Dragonairmoonrace 2y ago
00_jackie 3y agoAbsolutely delicious! My new favorite! (I didn't heat the curry powder, just dumped it in)
Emwirk 3y agoYUM!! Added less curry than called for.
angelajohn 3y agoToo yummy, perfect picnic food.
tiffanyelswick 3y agoThis is a surprisingly tasty and unconventional take on chicken salad. I ate this salad over plain Boston lettuce and it was a refreshing and tasty lunch.
StillLooking 4y agoAbsolutly Fantastic!!!!! It works so well. I used saltunas and left out the nuts, still tasted great!
Periculumspath 4y agoWonderful. Great recipe for little get togethers or a light lunch!
tbzjlb 4y agoPrepared this for a dinner after church tomorrow, and can't wait to share it. I used almonds & added freshly ground nutmeg. I also used canned chunk chk breast using that liquid for the broth. It's great.
Vonnie04 4y agoI loved this recipe. Being that i love curry Didn't change anything, just made the pecans and grapes a little smaller. I have pickey eaters. I will most def be making this again