This summertime chicken salad is great for picnics or quick lunches. Whether on sandwiches or served with crackers it has a good, rich flavor and the grapes add a refreshing, juicy texture.
1) Boil Chicken in water with Celery tops (leaves)
2) Drain Chicken and let cool. Chop into small cubes.
3) Combine Chicken cubes, broken Pecans, halved Grapes, chopped Celery, and chopped Red Onion in a medium bowl.
4) Heat the Curry in a dry skillet over low-medium heat for 3 minutes (remove immediately if it begins to smoke).
5) Combine Mayonnaise, Sour Cream, Chicken Broth, Curry, Salt, and Pepper in a small dish.
6) Pour half of the Mayonnaise mixture over the Chicken mixture. Toss to coat.
7) Add additional Mayonnaise mixture over Chicken mixture to taste. Toss to coast.
8) Serve in warm Pita or with crackers (Triscuits recommended).
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (324g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6|
|Calories from Fat: 209 (46%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 23.3g||31 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.5g||17 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 10.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 8g|
|Cholesterol 100.1mg||31 %|
|Sodium 310mg||11 %|
|Potassium 726.5mg||19 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 23.1g||7 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.2g||13 %|
|Sugars, other 19.9g|
|Protein 39.3g||56 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 451
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.