1) Boil Chicken in water with Celery tops (leaves)
2) Drain Chicken and let cool. Chop into small cubes.
3) Combine Chicken cubes, broken Pecans, halved Grapes, chopped Celery, and chopped Red Onion in a medium bowl.
4) Heat the Curry in a dry skillet over low-medium heat for 3 minutes (remove immediately if it begins to smoke).
5) Combine Mayonnaise, Sour Cream, Chicken Broth, Curry, Salt, and Pepper in a small dish.
6) Pour half of the Mayonnaise mixture over the Chicken mixture. Toss to coat.
7) Add additional Mayonnaise mixture over Chicken mixture to taste. Toss to coast.
8) Serve in warm Pita or with crackers (Triscuits recommended).
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (324g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6|
|Calories from Fat: 209 (46%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 23.3g||31 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.5g||17 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 10.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 8g|
|Cholesterol 100.1mg||31 %|
|Sodium 310mg||11 %|
|Potassium 726.5mg||19 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 23.1g||7 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.2g||13 %|
|Sugars, other 19.9g|
|Protein 39.3g||56 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 451
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, menu plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe
kelliesimmons2Very yummy! Little less curry3y ago
00_jackieAbsolutely delicious! My new favorite! (I didn't heat the curry powder, just dumped it in)4y ago
EmwirkYUM!! Added less curry than called for.4y ago
angelajohnToo yummy, perfect picnic food.4y ago
tiffanyelswickThis is a surprisingly tasty and unconventional take on chicken salad. I ate this salad over plain Boston lettuce and it was a refreshing and tasty lunch.4y ago
StillLookingAbsolutly Fantastic!!!!! It works so well. I used saltunas and left out the nuts, still tasted great!5y ago
PericulumspathWonderful. Great recipe for little get togethers or a light lunch!5y ago
tbzjlbPrepared this for a dinner after church tomorrow, and can't wait to share it. I used almonds & added freshly ground nutmeg. I also used canned chunk chk breast using that liquid for the broth. It's great.5y ago
Vonnie04I loved this recipe. Being that i love curry Didn't change anything, just made the pecans and grapes a little smaller. I have pickey eaters. I will most def be making this again5y ago