Top-ranked recipe named "Dad's Breakfast Slamwiches Sandwich"
Working out doors, going for a hike this sandwich will give you the energy you need to get to the top.
"Incredible sandwiches, hands down and hats off 2 u. I havnt had a sandwich for breakfast in ever so long but this was crazy good. Def would make again."- Aimeelady
1. First cut 6 slices of bread from loaf of oregon bread.(thick slices)
2. Make a 1" hole in the middle of each slice.
3. Heat up a 12" fry pan on stovetop to a mid heat.
4. Butter both sides of bread.
5. Crack egg in fry pan sunny side up.
6. Place bread over egg so the sun shines through the hole (the 1" hole you made earlier)
7. Let cook about 2 min... more or less.
8. Flip to cook other side.
9. Let cook till lightly toasted on that side.
10. Flip back over and put the slice of cheese on top to block the sun from shining through
11. Lower heat and cover to let cheese melt.
12. Home made oregon bread is best for this and Cheddar Cheese slices.
Aimeelady 1 year agoIncredible sandwiches, hands down and hats off 2 u. I havnt had a sandwich for breakfast in ever so long but this was crazy good. Def would make again.
pfeuffermeg 2 years agoMy dad called these eggs in a hat. The cheese was the 'wig'. Love hearing all the different names for this yummy tradition!
terik1972 2 years agoBird in a basket. Always good.
kateayrton 2 years agoFor some reason we call this recipe toad in the hole in Australia. Really yummy!!
Skippypipper 3 years agoThis was really yummy! Kind of hard to make ( for me at least... The egg wasn't cooking) but maybe itll be even better next time!!
chef_shinobi 5 years ago[I posted this recipe.]