1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Lightly grease a 4-quart baking dish.
3. In a large pot of salted water, lightly boil the macaroni for about 5 minutes until half-cooked.
4. Whisk the egg and milk together in a large cup.
5. Place a layer of the lightly cooked macaroni in the prepared baking dish.
6. Sprinkle with cheese to form a layer Repeat Process ending with cheese.
7. Pour the egg and milk liquid over the macaroni, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
8. Press the mixture evenly around the baking dish.
9. Top with breadcrumbs and slices of butter.
10. Bake uncovered, for 30 to 40 minutes, or until the top is brown.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (308g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8|
|Calories from Fat: 229 (20%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 25.4g||34 %|
|Saturated Fat 10.9g||55 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 6.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 5.8g|
|Cholesterol 86.7mg||27 %|
|Sodium 3802.7mg||131 %|
|Potassium 653mg||17 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 186.5g||55 %|
|Dietary Fiber 12.1g||48 %|
|Sugars, other 174.4g|
|Protein 39.2g||56 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1139
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe