1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. In a blender place Cilantro and a tbl spoon of Oil and chop. Set aside.
2. Place 2 tbsp spoons of mixture in a blender with remaining rub ingredients and blend thoroughly.
3. Add Olives, Capers and 1/2 Lemon squeezed. Stir with a spoon.
1. Squeeze 1.5 Lemons over the Pork to wash it. Then rinse with Water.
2. Line the bottom of a roasting pan with 2 inches of Potatoes. Add 1 cup of Water.
3. Squeeze the remaining Lemons over the Pork.
4. Using a 1" wide knife, poke holes 2 inches apart into the Pork. DO NOT make whole through the skin. Instead, uncover the skin and make holes to the meat underneath it.
5. Using your fingers and a small spoon or baster, put the rub inside the holes you made. Pour the remainder of the rub on top of the Pork and spread throughout.
6. Place Pork in roasting pan with skin facing up. Cover with Aluminum Foil as tightly as possible.
7. Cook for 3-4 hours or 45 minutes per pound, basting occasionally with the juice in the pan.
8. Remove Foil and brush Olive Oil on top. Raise oven temperature to 500 degrees and cook for 45 minutes.
8. Remove, let stand for 5 minutes, slice or cube and serve with whatever traditional side dish suits your fancy.
Basting is key but don't baste it too much or it will take longer to cook. The potatoes will be cooked perfectly so don't be afraid to serve them as well. Check out my recipe for Arroz can Guandules for a great accompaniment to this dish.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (478g)|
|Recipe Makes: 10 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 546 (66%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 60.6g||81 %|
|Saturated Fat 12.6g||63 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 30.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 13g|
|Cholesterol 140.6mg||43 %|
|Sodium 482.7mg||17 %|
|Potassium 1468.3mg||39 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 29g||9 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.7g||19 %|
|Sugars, other 24.3g|
|Protein 43.4g||62 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 831
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
I recommend pairing it with this recipe
"Recommended by the author of this Pork recipe." —
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe