Top-ranked recipe named "Dads glazed ham (Reg Peters)"
This always saids Christmas at home to me
We always have a huge smoked ham at Christmas. Christmas Eve night, I always stayed up and cooked the Christmas ham, and waited on Santa. My Dad use to cook his this way, Cooking times vary from the size of the ham used. Our ham at Christmas is usually 7kg- 10 kg. Check the package wrap for suggested cook times for the kg ham that you purchased. My final cook times are approximate.
1 x 7kg Ham
4 hours 1 hour prep
1 Preheat the oven to moderate 180c
2 Using a sharo knife, cut therogh the rind 6 cm from the shank end. To remove the rind from the ham, run a thumb around the dege, under the rind and carefully pull back.
3. Using a sharp knife , score the fat with cuts crossways and then diagonally to form a diamond pattern. (Cut diagional criss crossed lines one inch apart, one inch deep).
Do not cut all the way through to the ham or the fat will fall off during cooking. This has to be done all around the whole ham.
4. Insert whole clove in each crossed section.
Try to push the clove down at least an inch into the meat.
5. Push tooth picks through the cherries.
Place pineapple rings on top of ham using toothpick with cherries to hold in place.
6. To make the glaze, combine all the ingredients in a bowl and spread carefully oner the ham with a plaette knife or the back of a spoon.
7. Place the ham on a rack in a deep baking dish. add the juice of the pineapple and cherries into the bottom of the dish.
8. Cover the ham and dish securely with foil, and cook for 45 minutes.
9. then remove the cover and cook for another 2 hours basting as needed.
10. Enjoy and happy Christmas from the Plater Family :)
To me the is Chrismas dinner my day always did the for lunch and he pased on the recipes to me I have put is together from the 5 ingredients the he put on a small pice of paper. The best thing about this is you can make tit a day or so before or cook it on the day as it keeps well. Enjoy
Kitty72 4 years agoGreat tasting glaze for ham! Highly recommend this recipe.
rainbowbrush 8 years agoTo me this is Chrismas dinner my dad always did this for lunch and he pased on the recipes to me. I have put it together from the 5 ingredients that he put on a small piece of paper. The best thing about this is you can make it a day or so before or cook it on the day as it keeps well. Enjoy [I posted this recipe.]