Top-ranked recipe named "Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes with Strawberry Lemonade Cream Cheese Frosting"
"Soooooo delicious!!! Only down point: the icing was super runny and I had to put about 6 times as much icing sugar in it. Loads left over but that's fine I got to lick the bowl!!!"- Cagy
1. Preheat oven to 325(F) degrees. Place cupcake liners in pan, set aside.
2. In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and lemon zest.
3. In a large bowl, beat the butter until fluffy, add the sugar and beat until well combined.
4. Add the eggs, one at a time, beat well until well combined.
5. Add half of the dry ingredient mixture, beat well.
6. Add the milk, beat, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
7. Add remaining dry ingredient mixture.
8. Fold in chopped strawberries.
9. Bake for 15 -20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
10. Place frosting in a decorator bag and pipe onto cupcakes, decorate with a strawberry, piece of lemon or a little Pink Sugar.
1. Whip the Cream Cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Slowly add the powdered sugar. Mix in the puree, lemon juice and vanilla. You may need to add more powdered sugar depending on the consistency.
How to Make Strawberry Puree:
1. Chop about 1 cup of fresh strawberries. Place in Food Processor and puree as fine as possible. Then remove and strain. Using the back of a spoon, push strawberries thru strainer, smashing them.
adapted from Annie’s Eats
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin
Wow! I think that was the longest post ever! I hope you are still hanging with me!
Here is how this is gonna work…
Cupcake Tuesday – if you have a Cupcake to share for Cupcake Tuesday, please add it to that linkyCupcake Challenge - if you have a Cupcake, that follows the theme, please add it to that linky PLEASE be sure to follow the Cupcake Challenge rules, I will need to delete you if you don’t, because Alan from What’s New Cupcake is judging and I don’t want him to get confused. thanks!
Wilton Giveaway - Head on over and enter to win!! (see I told you this was gonna be a long post)
monicatittle 4 months agoI left out the lemon for my 5 year old sons birthday and everyone loved them they were the most moist cupcakes I have ever had!
ImaTasteeTreat 1 year agoThese are absolutely fantastic!!
Cagy 1 year agoSoooooo delicious!!! Only down point: the icing was super runny and I had to put about 6 times as much icing sugar in it. Loads left over but that's fine I got to lick the bowl!!!