1. In small bowl combine coconut, flour, and salt.
2. In second bowl beat egg whites until stiff peaks form, fold in vanilla.
3. Fold egg whites into dry ingredients.
4. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheet.
5. Bake at 325 degrees for 18-20 minutes.
6. Remove from baking sheet and cool on wire rack.
This recipe was a happy accident. I was baking macaroons and left out the sugar. They were so good without the sugar that I now make them this way on purpose.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (11g)|
|Recipe Makes: 18|
|Calories from Fat: 16 (46%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 1.8g||2 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.7g||8 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 24mg||1 %|
|Potassium 30.5mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 4.1g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 3.5g|
|Protein 0.7g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 35
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.