Preheat oven to 350.
1. Mix thoroughly shortening, sugar and egg.
2. Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
3. Stir dry ingredients into shortening mixture, alternating with milk.
4. Fill greased muffin cups 2/3 full.
5. Bake until golden brown, about 20 to 25 minutes.
6. Immediately rollin melted butter, then dip into sugar and cinnamon mixture.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Medium (84g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Medium|
|Calories from Fat: 58 (18%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 6.4g||9 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.8g||19 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.4g|
|Cholesterol 33.1mg||10 %|
|Sodium 93.7mg||3 %|
|Potassium 37.4mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 65.1g||19 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 64.3g|
|Protein 2.7g||4 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 322
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe
Be the first to review it!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!