Carving the basket:
1. Lay a dampened dish towel on a counter or table and place melon on top to prevent it from rolling.
2. With a wter-soluble marker, draw outline of basket oto melon, making sure the handles is at least 1 1/2 inces wide.
3. Using a large sharp knife, carefully cut melon along marker line.
4. Remove excess rind and set aside. With a melon baller, scoop out all the watermelon flesh and place in a large glass or ceramic bowl; set aside.
5. With a vegetable peeler, even out scalloped edges of watermelon. Cover watermelon basket with clear plastic wrap and set aside.
Making fruit salad:
1. With a melon baller, scoop out flesh from cataloupes and honeydews.
2. In a large bowl, combine sugar, lime juice, lemon juice, orange liqueur and lime peel. Stir well.
3. Add all melon balls, strawberries and grapes; toss to combine. Allow fruit to chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
4. Just before serving, transfer fruit salad to watermelon basket.
It's important to purchase watermelons that are fully ripe, since they don't continue to ripen once they've been picked. A ripe melon feels heavy for its size and has a sweet, fresh fragrance.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (444g)|
|Recipe Makes: 18 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 6 (3%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.7g||1 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.1g||1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.3g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 24.4mg||1 %|
|Potassium 669.2mg||18 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 51.9g||15 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.8g||11 %|
|Sugars, other 49.1g|
|Protein 2.7g||4 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 208
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe
Be the first to review it!