You will need a fairly large saucepan. a 8inch x 12inch tray greased with butter/margarine.
1. Put the milk & chocolate in the pan and heat the pan until the chocolate is melted. It should look like drinking chocolate when done.
2. Add the sugar, syrup, salt. Keep stirring the ingredients in the pan and bring it to the boil. Once it is boiling, stop stirring.
3. Keep the ingredients boiling until the 'soft test' - The 'soft test' is when you take a sample of the boiling ingredients on a teaspoon, and put it in cold cup of water, the ingredients should go off the spoon very slowly, as if it were soft. If it goes off straight away or floats off, then keep boiling. It should take around 15 to 20 minutes of boiling time.
4. Once you have reached the 'soft test' complete stage, then take the pan off the heat.
5. Add the butter, but don't stir. Let the pan cool until around 100 degrees. Then add the flavour.
6. Start beating with a wooden spoon until the fudge goes from a shiny surface finish, to a dull matt type finish (about 6 minutes if beating fast)
7. Pour ingredients into a greased tray approx. 8inch x 12inch and leave for a few minutes.
8. After it has partially set, you can cut into squares, or score the top with knife for easy breaking later on when set.
9. Leave to set. Put in fridge to speed up setting if necessary.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (134g)|
|Recipe Makes: 10|
|Calories from Fat: 61 (15%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 6.8g||9 %|
|Saturated Fat 4.3g||21 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.3g|
|Cholesterol 11.7mg||4 %|
|Sodium 34mg||1 %|
|Potassium 58.5mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 89.7g||26 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 89.2g|
|Protein 0.9g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 412
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe
Be the first to review it!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!