Garides tourkolimano are prawns cooked in a tomato, garlic, herb and wine sauce that is finished off with feta cheese. I could not let any of that sauce go to waste so I served the garides tourkolimano with some crusty bread to soak up all of the extra. Of course, I enjoyed the garides tourkolimano with a glass of the Greek white wine that I used in the sauce.
1. Heat the oil in a pan.
2. Add the shrimp and saute them for a minute on each side and set aside.
3. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.
4. Add the tomato and green onion and saute until the tomato starts to break down, about 3-5 minutes.
5. Add the shrimp, wine, herbs and season with salt and pepper and simmer for 2 minutes.
6. Remove from heat and gently mix in the feta.
7. Cover and allow to rest for 3 minutes.
8. Garnish with parsley and serve with crusty bread.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (249g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 213 (58%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 23.7g||32 %|
|Saturated Fat 6.9g||34 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 11.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.4g|
|Cholesterol 205.7mg||63 %|
|Sodium 621.8mg||21 %|
|Potassium 457.8mg||12 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 8.1g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 6.5g|
|Protein 29.7g||42 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 369
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, menu plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe