Ready in 15 minutes
Garides tourkolimano are prawns cooked in a tomato, garlic, herb and wine sauce that is finished off with feta cheese. I could not let any of that sauce go to waste so I served the garides tourkolimano with some crusty bread to soak up all of the extra. Of course, I enjoyed the garides tourkolimano with a glass of the Greek white wine that I used in the sauce.
1. Heat the oil in a pan.
2. Add the shrimp and saute them for a minute on each side and set aside.
3. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.
4. Add the tomato and green onion and saute until the tomato starts to break down, about 3-5 minutes.
5. Add the shrimp, wine, herbs and season with salt and pepper and simmer for 2 minutes.
6. Remove from heat and gently mix in the feta.
7. Cover and allow to rest for 3 minutes.
8. Garnish with parsley and serve with crusty bread.
Jackiechan042003 1y agoThis dish came out quite bitter... Not sure why. Perhaps it was the arrangement of which things were cooked as well as over cooking the shrimp. Next time I intend to make the "sauce" first and then throw the shrimp in so they absorb the flavors and aren't cooked twice.
Headkiwi 2y agoDelicious and simple to make. I added some asparagus and chopped some shallots because I didn't have green onions. And I have to admit I didn't measure the wine! I waited to add the feta until it was plated to avoid it melting too much. I will definitely make it again.
kellieprincekealiher 2y ago
cristoslc 2y agoI threw in the feta just before serving, after plating the shrimp, instead of mixing it into the sauce directly. Also cut back on the mint, and would recommend adding more wine if you want sauce left over (I was fine without). Goes great with orzo or rice pilaf.
marvin2992 3y agoToo many herbs but generally okay. It made me wish i had made shrimp scampi instead
TheRocknRollKid 3y ago
mrslianne 3y agothis is one of our favorites. my mother in law LOVES it and i am making it for her again tonight...
llong45 3y agoWonderful, quick recipe!
mrslianne 3y agoeven my 8 year old daughter loves this
Brush9 4y agoMy husband asked for it again real soon. Very good.