Garides tourkolimano are prawns cooked in a tomato, garlic, herb and wine sauce that is finished off with feta cheese. I could not let any of that sauce go to waste so I served the garides tourkolimano with some crusty bread to soak up all of the extra. Of course, I enjoyed the garides tourkolimano with a glass of the Greek white wine that I used in the sauce.
1. Heat the oil in a pan.
2. Add the shrimp and saute them for a minute on each side and set aside.
3. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.
4. Add the tomato and green onion and saute until the tomato starts to break down, about 3-5 minutes.
5. Add the shrimp, wine, herbs and season with salt and pepper and simmer for 2 minutes.
6. Remove from heat and gently mix in the feta.
7. Cover and allow to rest for 3 minutes.
8. Garnish with parsley and serve with crusty bread.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (249g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 213 (58%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 23.7g||32 %|
|Saturated Fat 6.9g||34 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 11.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.4g|
|Cholesterol 205.7mg||63 %|
|Sodium 621.8mg||21 %|
|Potassium 457.8mg||12 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 8.1g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 6.5g|
|Protein 29.7g||42 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 369
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.