Top-ranked recipe named "Garlic Naan Bread"
Naan is a leavened, oven-baked flatbread. It is one of the most popular varieties of South Asian breads and is particularly popular in India, Afghanistan, Iran, Pakistan, the Xinjiang Autonomous Region of China, and Indian restaurants in the United Kingdom and New Zealand.
"This is as good as it gets. Super easy and super tasty. This is now a regular in our house and also use it for fresh naan kebabs. The only difference we do is we cook the bread in a skillet and not the oven. "- Fatdruggyelvis
First make paste by using butter, garlic, coriander and pinch of salt.
1) Take flour in big bowl and add yeast, sugar, salt, milk and yogurt and knead for 5 minute by adding warm water little by little as needed.
2) Leave for 1 hour covered with towel at warm place.
3) After one hour take out air from dough by patting.
4) Divide dough into 6 equal parts and make balls.
5) Now roll one ball into a 7 inch round.
6) Give hints of butter on top and put in very hot oven on wire rack not in a try. Save from direct heat from down side.
7) Take out when it has some brown spots and brush some spots with garlic butter again put in oven for one or two more minutes. Take out and cover with kitchen towel. Do same with all dough balls and serve hot with curries.
Get the free BigOven app on your phone.
Quickly find any recipe anywhere!
Fatdruggyelvis 1 year agoAbsolute hands down best naan recipe I have come across. Never fails, and everyone I make them for rave about them and go off and make them
dottel 1 year agoReally yummy used my breadmaker for the dough and cooked them on the barbecue at a high temperature. Worked like a charm
Fatdruggyelvis 2 years agoThis is as good as it gets. Super easy and super tasty. This is now a regular in our house and also use it for fresh naan kebabs. The only difference we do is we cook the bread in a skillet and not the oven.
AndyMacpherson 2 years agoAmazing, very easy to make and very popular with the family. Will never buy supermarket naan bread again
tacurrie 2 years agoMade several different recipes, modified this with whole wheat w/o coriander in a bread machine and it turned out excellent.
Fakhra 2 years agoIt was my first try for naan and it came out perfect . Second time I used seseme seeds instead of butter and garlic mix . Excellent ?? . Thanks for sharing .
mommyyoder 2 years ago
julie1957 3 years agoMade in bread machine on dough cycle, came out great.Husband loved it. Will make again :)
Ionela82 4 years agoI don't understand the 'save from direct heat' in the oven. Can u please say the temp of the oven?