Ready in 1 hour 30 minutes
Naan is a leavened, oven-baked flatbread. It is one of the most popular varieties of South Asian breads and is particularly popular in India, Afghanistan, Iran, Pakistan, the Xinjiang Autonomous Region of China, and Indian restaurants in the United Kingdom and New Zealand.
First make paste by using butter, garlic, coriander and pinch of salt.
1) Take flour in big bowl and add yeast, sugar, salt, milk and yogurt and knead for 5 minute by adding warm water little by little as needed.
2) Leave for 1 hour covered with towel at warm place.
3) After one hour take out air from dough by patting.
4) Divide dough into 6 equal parts and make balls.
5) Now roll one ball into a 7 inch round.
6) Spread bits of butter on top and put the naan in a very hot oven on a wire rack (not on a baking sheet).
7) Take the naan out when it has some brown spots and brush with garlic butter again, then put in oven for one or two more minutes. Take out and cover with kitchen towel. Do same with all dough balls and serve hot with curries.
Fatdruggyelvis 2y agoAbsolute hands down best naan recipe I have come across. Never fails, and everyone I make them for rave about them and go off and make them
dottel 3y agoReally yummy used my breadmaker for the dough and cooked them on the barbecue at a high temperature. Worked like a charm
Fatdruggyelvis 3y agoThis is as good as it gets. Super easy and super tasty. This is now a regular in our house and also use it for fresh naan kebabs. The only difference we do is we cook the bread in a skillet and not the oven.
AndyMacpherson 4y agoAmazing, very easy to make and very popular with the family. Will never buy supermarket naan bread again
tacurrie 4y agoMade several different recipes, modified this with whole wheat w/o coriander in a bread machine and it turned out excellent.
Fakhra 4y agoIt was my first try for naan and it came out perfect . Second time I used seseme seeds instead of butter and garlic mix . Excellent ?? . Thanks for sharing .
mommyyoder 4y ago
julie1957 5y agoMade in bread machine on dough cycle, came out great.Husband loved it. Will make again :)
Ionela82 5y agoI don't understand the "save from direct heat" in the oven. Can u please say the temp of the oven?