1. In a bowl, stir in marinade mix of soy sauce and garlic. Drop the pork chops one by one, making sure it is coated front and back. Set aside for at least 30 minutes but 2 hours would be best.
2. Take out the pork chops with tongs and let the marinade drain out. Scrape out as much garlic as you can since they will just burn in the pan. (You can save them for later to fry and serve it as a rice topping.)
3. Season each pork chop with salt and pepper on each side. The amount will depend on your taste. Remember: the soy sauce has already a lot of sodium. It is best to minimally season one piece and fry it ahead of the rest. From then you can adjust the amount.
4. Pour enough canola oil for frying. When hot, drop the pork chops 2 at a time at best. Fry until reddish brown (the soy sauce will make it a darker color). Repeat on other side.
5. Serve with rice and fried garlic or mashed potatoes and gravy.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (238g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4|
|Calories from Fat: 256 (57%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 28.5g||38 %|
|Saturated Fat 6.7g||34 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 13.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 5.3g|
|Cholesterol 137.3mg||42 %|
|Sodium 1712.3mg||59 %|
|Potassium 741.9mg||20 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 1.6g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 1.3g|
|Protein 44.2g||63 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 448
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe