1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease 1 9x5 inch
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and 3/4 cup sugar until light
and fluffy. Stir in the eggs one at a time, beating well with each
addition, then stir in the lemon peel. In a separate bowl, sift together
the flour, salt and baking powder.
3. Blend the flour mixture into the egg mixture, alternately with the milk;
stir just to combine. Fold in the nuts; mixing just enough to evenly
combine. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted
into center of loaf comes out clean.
5. In a small bowl, dissolve 2 tablespoons sugar in the lemon juice. After
loaf has cooled for 10 minutes, spoon glaze over loaf.
WW 4 points
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, menu plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe
Be the first to review it!