Cold cooked rice is the secret to delicious fried rice. Here’s a quick and flavorful way to use leftover rice. Pork loin, ham, tofu or shrimp, if tolerated, can be substituted for chicken. Modified for my family
1. Cut chicken into ½-inch cubes.
2. In a wok, heat oil over high heat. Stir-fry chicken, onion and carrots until carrots are tender and chicken is no longer pink inside, about 6 to 8 minutes.
3. Add peas or edamame, ginger and garlic. Stir-fry over medium heat for 2 minutes.
4. Add rice, stock, green onions, mushrooms, sesame oil, and salt. Stir-fry until hot, about 5 minutes.
5. Stir in bean sprouts and heat 1 to 2 minutes. Serve hot.
Don't forget to cook the rice ahead of time. I serve bean sprouts separately for those who don't like.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (492g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 105 (14%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 11.7g||16 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.9g||9 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.9g|
|Cholesterol 65.9mg||20 %|
|Sodium 740.8mg||26 %|
|Potassium 1075.7mg||28 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 117.2g||34 %|
|Dietary Fiber 7g||28 %|
|Sugars, other 110.2g|
|Protein 43.3g||62 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 748
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.