Top-ranked recipe named "Gluten free, Dairy Free Chicken Fried Rice"
Cold cooked rice is the secret to delicious fried rice. Here’s a quick and flavorful way to use leftover rice. Pork loin, ham, tofu or shrimp, if tolerated, can be substituted for chicken. Modified for my family
"Absolutely delicious!! I added some zucchini and substituted water chestnuts for the sprouts. This would be terrific with shrimp or tofu also. My husband can't wait for me to fix this again!"
1. Cut chicken into ½-inch cubes.
2. In a wok, heat oil over high heat. Stir-fry chicken, onion and carrots until carrots are tender and chicken is no longer pink inside, about 6 to 8 minutes.
3. Add peas or edamame, ginger and garlic. Stir-fry over medium heat for 2 minutes.
4. Add rice, stock, green onions, mushrooms, sesame oil, and salt. Stir-fry until hot, about 5 minutes.
5. Stir in bean sprouts and heat 1 to 2 minutes. Serve hot.
Don't forget to cook the rice ahead of time. I serve bean sprouts separately for those who don't like.
Get the free BigOven app on your phone.
Quickly find any recipe anywhere!
proverbs31teacher 3 years agoAbsolutely delicious!! I added some zucchini and substituted water chestnuts for the sprouts. This would be terrific with shrimp or tofu also. My husband can't wait for me to fix this again!
Damiensilveira 3 years agoVery good dish. Added 4 T gluten free soy sauce and 1/4 cup water chestnuts and it was even better.
jennq78 4 years agoI posted this recipe. Love how easy and filling it is. This recipe goes a long way!