Originally found here: http://glutenfreecooking.about.com/od/glutenfreepiesandtarts/r/gflemonpie.htm
Preheat oven to 325° F / 163° C
1. Combine water, cornstarch, salt and sugar in a medium saucepan. Whisk until blended. Cook over medium-high heat, whisking constantly until thick, about 3 minutes.
2. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice, lemon peel and butter. Whisk until combined.
3. Slowly drizzle egg yolks into the mixture while whisking. Return to medium-high heat and cook another 2-3 minutes. Cool pie filling mixture.
4. Use an electric mixer or stand mixer to beat egg whites with salt until foamy. Gradually add sugar and beat on high until stiff peaks form.
5. When pie filling has cooled to about room temperature, stir 2 tablespoons of meringue into the pie filling.
6. Pour the filling into the cool, pre-baked pie crust.
7. Use a spatula to pile the remaining meringue on the pie. Spread the meringue evenly over the filling, making sure to touch the edges of the crusts with meringue to prevent it from shrinking. Use a teaspoon or small knife to make swirls in the meringue.
8. Bake in preheated oven for about 15 minutes, or until the meringue peaks are lightly browned.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (314g)|
|Recipe Makes: 10 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 421 (62%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 46.8g||62 %|
|Saturated Fat 17.8g||89 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 20.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 7g|
|Cholesterol 2023mg||622 %|
|Sodium 102.2mg||4 %|
|Potassium 209.7mg||6 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 38.3g||11 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 38.2g|
|Protein 27.4g||39 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 680
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.