For the cupcakes:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prepare cupcake pans by lining with paper liners.
3. In large mixing bowl, sift together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
4. In microwave safe medium bowl, combine coconut milk and water. Microwave for 1-2 minutes until warm.
5. Stir in the oil, vinegar, and vanilla extract.
6. Pour over flour mixture and beat for 1 minute.
7. Evenly divide the cupcake batter into the prepared cupcake pans.
8. Bake for 16-18 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
9. Cool in pans for 5 minutes, then invert onto cooling rack to cool completely.
For the buttercream:
1. To make buttercream, beat together the vegan butter with the shortening for 1 minute in large bowl of standing mixer.
2. In small bowl, dissolve instant coffee in the tablespoon of warm water.
3. Add the coffee, sifted powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons coffee creamer and vanilla. Beat for an additional 2 minutes.
4. Add another tablespoon or 2 of the coffee creamer if needed. Beat the buttercream until light and fluffy.
5. Place buttercream in pastry bag and pipe onto cooled cupcakes.
6. Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (26g)|
|Recipe Makes: 14 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 60 (94%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 6.6g||9 %|
|Saturated Fat 4.2g||21 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.2g|
|Cholesterol 17.7mg||5 %|
|Sodium 115.7mg||4 %|
|Potassium 19.7mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0.5g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 0.5g|
|Protein 0.3g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 64
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.