1. Slit each chile with a sharp knife and remove the seeds and stem.
2. Place the peppers in a large saucepan and cover them with the chicken stock.
3. Add the onion and garlic.
4. Bring the stock to a boil over high heat, reduce heat, and allow to simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the peppers have absorbed some liquid and have become soft.
5. Pour the pepper mixture and cooking liquid into a blender. Blend on low speed, increasing to high speed as the puree combines.
VARIATION Chipotle Red Chili Paste: For a hotter and smokier flavor, add 2 or more dried chipotles.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (76g)|
|Recipe Makes: 20 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 8 (29%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.9g||1 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.2g||1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.2g|
|Cholesterol 2.2mg||1 %|
|Sodium 103.2mg||4 %|
|Potassium 82.6mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 3g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 3g|
|Protein 1.9g||3 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 28
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe